PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prepping for Brexit thread

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Yes humptydumptybits, some people are.
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What has transpired here? I confess I have to skim through posts these days (as I spend half my day watering my plants!) but I simply don't understand what has been said to have caused so much offence. I do remember years ago there was someone who seemed to pick on a couple of members of the forum but I thought all that had passed. We are all adults, all entitled to voice our own opinion and also all able to slap people down if the need arises. But I can't see any justification for Kittie being sent to Coventry as it were. Hopefully the least said, the soonest mended.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Mrs LW
    If anyone wants to carry on please feel free.
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think you should "bow out" Tori.

There have been differences of opinion on the thread - but there will be differences of opinion any time 2 or more people are gathered anywhere (ITRW or virtually).

A "difference of opinion" is just that - and not a "fallout".

Obviously we arent all going to agree with one or two people - we will have our own views and that's as it should be.

Thanks money :beer: I took the thread off tangent (my bad) i've always prepped in my own way skills more than things.
    Hoping that Kittie will be back soon #free kittie :D
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't posted in this thread since very early on but I am baffled and saddened by what has happened.
    Surely people do not have posting privileges revoked just because 1 person complains? Surely the mods check the threads in question to ensure that spite and malice on the part of the complainants are not in fact the true issue?
    Kittie posts in a number of threads I read and post in, and I have never found her posts to be other than sensible and reasonable. I think that the mods may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in this instance, and sincerely hope that she will be reinstated.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry to hear that a respected poster has had privileges taken away. I am not an avid follower of prepping but I will buy the odd extra thing now.

I am more baffled that a country not at war or facing famine conditions has sent out a signal to people to be afraid, very afraid, and stock up. I said it earlier in the thread too.

Honestly why should we as a proud country have to do this?

You can bet your bottom dollar that those advising this will never have to worry about prepping. And there we are.
  • Shropshirelass
    Options
    As usual I have missed the action here, but hope Kittie will soon be posting again. I always looked for her posts.

This may be one of the most difficult aspects of Brexit to deal with, I.e. people we live alongside disagreeing strongly. I've already been dismayed at the venom invoked by family, neighbours and just people in a queue or on a bus, not to mention politicians and journalists. If any hardship or shortages develop, I'm afraid behaviour will get worse.

As part of prepping for Brexit I need to practice sticking by Dad's advice 'if you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's a thing that will affect us ALL regardless of how we feel melanzana, the reasons and why's will be irrelevant if we're without what we need. I think you're very sensible to consider stocking up a little just in case, that's really all prepping of any kind is, trying to second guess the future and trying to keep your and your families heads collectively above water. No one actually knows how this will pan out and I'd rather be safe than sorry as I don't think the powers of law and order will actually be able to keep a lid on any disruptions that happen as a result of shortages.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I hope Kittie can come back soon. She was an inspiration to me on the "self help thread " when my DH was diagnosed with incurable cancer.
    On the Brexit front, today I read a story on the bbc by Simon Jacks who stated that the latest item to be vunerable is .............. the sandwich ! The title is " Brexit threat to sandwiches " Honestly I haven't made it up !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I hope Kittie can come back soon. She was an inspiration to me on the "self help thread " when my DH was diagnosed with incurable cancer.
    On the Brexit front, today I read a story on the bbc by Simon Jacks who stated that the latest item to be vunerable is .............. the sandwich ! The title is " Brexit threat to sandwiches " Honestly I haven't made it up !
    The article is true, but in reading the article it goes on about supply lines and how supermarkets etc in this country run a tight ship and no margins for extra storage etc

On a separate note, I too have been reading this thread with interest and even though I don't have a larder or storage space I do have a concrete shed that I can use. However I know have kondo regret, as I got rid of my large plastic boxes...my concrete shed does get a little damp every now and then. So from this week onwards will be getting extra paracetamol etc

Has anybody thought about where our vitamin supplements come from? I take for b12...so I think I will start stocking up on that plus flax and chia seeds.

Have a good rest of the evening all.
    Sil x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport