3.8K replies 530.5K views
1370371372373374376»

Replies

• FarwayFarway Forumite
    10K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    daz378 said:
    Surely European firms  will suffer  if Britain  stops  buying their goods...is this a temporary  problem  as we adjust to a new system?  How's  it going to be sorted,  if indeed it is
    I suspect it's temporary as it settles down and EU goods & suppliers also find orders from UK vanishing, I have seen postings elsewhere with UK customers finding an unexpected import charge & refusing delivery
    I don't know what the solution is or will be, after all people do buy from USA or China and seem to manage
    On a more positive note, more jobs secured

• tooldletooldle Forumite
    558 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Farway said:
    daz378 said:
    Surely European firms  will suffer  if Britain  stops  buying their goods...is this a temporary  problem  as we adjust to a new system?  How's  it going to be sorted,  if indeed it is
    I suspect it's temporary as it settles down and EU goods & suppliers also find orders from UK vanishing, I have seen postings elsewhere with UK customers finding an unexpected import charge & refusing delivery
    I don't know what the solution is or will be, after all people do buy from USA or China and seem to manage
    On a more positive note, more jobs secured

The £61 million Nissan received from the UK Government will have no doubt helped significantly.
    i do hope the processes for import and export will become smoother with time. We are no longer in the customs union hence the charges and unless we ‘rejoin’ this is the new normal.