Prepping for Brexit thread

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 530.1K views

Replies

• FlossFloss Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, we've known it was going to happen (albeit not quite how) for some time. There are a myriad of EU regulations that will have been adopted into UK legislation without us realising, but I wonder whether we will have our own version of the CE mark? Having divorced my previously resident quality expert I'm mildly curious!
  • tooldletooldle Forumite
    487 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Floss said:
    At the end of the day, we've known it was going to happen (albeit not quite how) for some time. There are a myriad of EU regulations that will have been adopted into UK legislation without us realising, but I wonder whether we will have our own version of the CE mark? Having divorced my previously resident quality expert I'm mildly curious!
    The answer to this i believe is yes. That said, i’m not certain it is operational. I believe its the UKCA mark and is for use in Great Britain only, with CE mark still being required for Northern Ireland. 
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    tooldle said:
    Floss said:
     ... but I wonder whether we will have our own version of the CE mark? Having divorced my previously resident quality expert I'm mildly curious!
    The answer to this i believe is yes. That said, i’m not certain it is operational. I believe its the UKCA mark and is for use in Great Britain only, with CE mark still being required for Northern Ireland. 
    Thank you! 
  • tooldletooldle Forumite
    487 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure why its called UKCA, i think GBCA would be far more accurate 
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    European Commission approved equivalence for British organic food before the deal, so farmers and producers can continue to sell to the EU. DEFRA is trying to introduce gene editing (GM) and beekiller pesticides on sugar beet. DEFRA has to be careful, because too much divergence in standards will see British farmers and producers unable to sell to EU. 

1 tsp of that pesticide can kill 7 truck loads of bees. No bees, no food.
    Seems the French are also approving it's use, one rule for them etc?