What have I done ......

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Dimps_123
    Dimps_123 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So I'm on my way to a cash only for food shopping and petrol month. I can't just go in an use my card - beep - and away! I plan to write every penny down, everyday at least for the next couple of months so that I can understand exactly where my money is going and to help me properly think whether or not I really need it.

In other news, I've got another date!! I'm enjoying this - I've decided life is for living and I have to start getting out there and saying yes more often lol

xx
    DIMPS
    Working towards being debt free :rotfl:June 2022
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In other news, I've got another date!! I'm enjoying this - I've decided life is for living and I have to start getting out there and saying yes more often lol
    Good for you! Getting out and about will expand your social circle and boost your confidence. You might also find new things that you are interested in.
    I started using cash for shopping a few months ago and it is amazing how having actual notes and coins in your hands really focuses on how you spend it. It seems more real somehow if you are handing over something physical rather than using a card. Spending diary definitely helps too.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Toni'sfriend. Confidence is definitely building!

I know using cash will focus my mind. Its been such a long time since I use and hate it when someone hands me cash lol. Now I just want to deal in it exclusively (well other than direct debits and transferring funds to pay off debt!).

x
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Phew another Monday out of the way. I have good news on the job and man front! An interview is set for Wednesday for a job up to around £10k more than what I'm on so that could really help with my debt, but it is in an industry I've never worked before so depends on what they really want. Plus I have a date set for Saturday. On another positive I'm possibly moving places at work - so different people to sit with could be more interesting too.

Debt - no idea what happened but my transfer was reversed on the same day?? Anyway I've re-applied for it. However, it means I'm left with one month of interest of a card that has just come out of the 0% deal - annoyed to say the least! Never mind - next month I will be 0% for about 18 months.

My son is soooo busy with work and girlfriend at the moment so I won't be seeing him for quite a while - but I have plenty of things to be getting on with. I really need to get back into my course, which in the long run could help me with earning some extra pennies. Plus I have loads of DIY to be getting on with at home. I just need to keep positive and motivated - its too easy to feel sorry for myself, eat chocolate and watch films all day.

I'm thinking about selling a few things that I just don't use and will put that towards the debt. Also, cash to shop needs to start. Also, I've noticed some of you lovely people are PADing - good idea that I am going to try that.
    xx
    DIMPS
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm loving this latest positive update Dimps, it sounds like things have turned a little corner for you. Make sure you go on that date and enjoy, even if nothing comes of it. Work changes and possible new role sound good too!
    Keep it up! xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks MeandO!! New job didn't work out unfortunately. It was too far and I think they were really looking for someone with at least a little experience in the industry. Never mind they'll be others. I'm just looking forward to moving at work now as it can get lonely where I am at the moment, so sitting with more people will make a huge difference.

Haven't done anything else with my debt yet. Just waiting for the transfer to complete and then I can move the final one over. Tonight I'm going to write down a few meals I can cook in batches again - I enjoyed doing it last time, but the weather turned (for the better!) but I was way too hot to be standing in the kitchen for hours cooking. In turn, this will lower my weekly shop and I can start paying off the debt with whatever is left over from my weekly expenditure.

xx
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well hasn't time flown?! I'm not being very good to my diary and have had a quiet time with the debt busting. I'm loving where I sit now, but the job is still dull dull dull! Got an interview next week for a lovely looking Saturday job - so that will help. Tonight my plan is to budget budget budget - and pop to the cash machine and do cash shopping this time. September is going to be a heavy month - couple of birthdays and out and about a few times so will need to be strong. Plus of course once that month is over - Christmas is looming! Scary!!

Same old same old - I need my mojo back and can't find it.

Until next time ...........
    x
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    Options
    Oh my - it's been a long long time. I have a new job so that is a positive and hopefully will kick start my mojo, plus a little more money will hopefully help me with repayments. As for debt/ budget/ empty nesting sadness/ fitness/ new love nothing has changed - all I can say its been a quiet lonely time. I've had some lovely lovely times with my son, but equally a lot of time home alone.

Credit cards have been moved around so all on 0% for at least 18 months. I just have to start looking at budgeting properly. Though on another positive I think I can still hit debt free by June 2022 (now I need to look at doing it sooner)

Stop procrastinating!!!!!

Hope all is well with you all. Until next time.
    x
    DIMPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills