First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We can do it. Stay strong.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Dimps_123
    Dimps_123 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Phew - I have not been in the right frame of mind to worry about admin the last few days, however on the plus side I have only been eating salads which is cheap and low in calories.......

I have sorted out the credits cards my son had some debt on and recently came to the end of the 0% period. So they have been moved. Ironically enough one of mine has just come to an end so I have to find a spare to transfer. Hoping one of my son's (not his just originally kept specifically for his borrowings) ones will re-offer 0% again and I can get a transfer going. Then I think I will be paying 0% on everything for at least 24 months.

I now need to keep a close eye on my daily spending and really considering cash. I think I'll be more vigilant that way. Payday next week so I'll spend some time at the weekend working out my budget and give it a go.

In other news, I have been single for way way way too long and I have actually agreed to meet someone this week! My friend did the same last week and it went ok - they weren't right for each other but she felt so much better for biting the bullet and actually getting out there and reckons the next time will be a little easier. I thought - well if she can do it so can I. Brave words lol!!! Here's hoping........

Happy Tuesday
    xx
    DIMPS
    Working towards being debt free :rotfl:June 2022
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been reading a few posts today and certainly feeling this is a lovely community to be part of. There is so much support and even though we are all working our way through our own battles, there is always someone with some kind words and that certainly helps.

I'm feeling a lot more positive at the moment, been keeping a check on my finances which feels better knowing what is actually owed rather than just a vague idea, I'm looking forward to getting out there and trying new things and hopefully changing my life for the better.

Payday next week - so I've decided to pay for my shopping and petrol weekly in cash which will focus my mind more on making sure I'm budgeting properly. Anything left over at the end of each week will spill into the next and I won't draw out quite so much. Anything left in my account the day before payday will be skimmed into a spare account and I will decide which debt to work on first. I think reading a lot of posts, the general consensus is to work on the lowest amount first as little steps help with progress and motivation. As I said previously I'm on 0% on all but one card, so I know I can keep trudging along with the minimums on those and up the repayments as I start clearing the lower ones.

No jobs around that I can even apply for let alone not get an interview for - so that's a pain. Although I know it goes in peaks and troughs so I'm hoping for a peak soon! I do have several hobbies that I know I could turn to for making money - though that would take a little extra work from me to make them good/ professional enough for someone to pay for but not impossible. The only thing that I'm wary about is losing the interest in them once I have to work on them rather than do them for pleasure. I'll think about those over the next few weeks.

I've taken a few things of my big list and I plan to do them at the weekend so hopefully I can start to make progress on that too. I know once I get going I will feel better and have the motivation to keep going. (Note to self - remember to do that with healthy eating and exercise too!!)
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL I've noticed my posts can be rather long - apologies to anyone reading. I brain dump!
    DIMPS
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Keep posting whatever you like, it's YOUR diary and good luck on getting back into dating.

And to quote H.J. Simpson, "I never apologise and I never explain, I'm sorry but that's just the way I am!" ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks! :-) I have also been reading a couple self help CBT books - only a couple of chapters in but wow it makes sense and helps. Already I've changed the way I think - I know I have a long long way to go but feel as if I have taken the first wobbly steps to getting back to the old me, just a more experienced one I reckon.
    DIMPS
  • Mummy_bear
    Mummy_bear Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, just dropping a note to say I'm subscribing.

Read through your whole diary and wanted to wish you luck on your debt busting journey. ..and your date next week x
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah thanks Mummy_bear - much appreciated
    x
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well back at work again - how do the weekends go by so quickly!?! Date went ok, he wasn't for me, but it was a pleasant meal and chat. Onwards and upwards - now that I've done the first one in a long long time, I feel confident the next time will be easier.

Tonight I need to sit down and sort out my finances for the month. Payday soon and I really want to start drawing out a weekly housekeeping budget and use cash rather than just aimlessly tapping the card for everything without thinking about it.

I really really need to get a new job, this one is really getting me down. I've had this particular job in other companies and it has been fine, this one ... oh I don't know.... the management treat it very differently I end up doing stuff that really is quite boring. I'm very grateful, it is a good job with great pay - I just need more than this. My photography course will take some time, plus of course practice to get it where I want it to be, so in the meantime I need to find a job that satisfies me a lot lot lot more than the one I have.

Hope you all have a great week.
    xx
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I just didn't have time to sit down and sort out my finances last night. Have to do it tonight - really has to be done before payday, I know there is a little amount in there that can be skimmed off to pay something towards my debt. Think I need to change my signature to being debt free in June 2022!! One month later, but I bought a new laptop - speculating to accumulate hopefully. It enables me to start up my business with it so my debt free target will be sooner, but at the moment I have to note it as longer as I don't have any guarantees :-)
    DIMPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family