What have I done ......

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi :D

The trick to getting things done when you have a long list is, as has been said, to pick em off a few at a time ;)
    Each day I will select a few off of my list and get them done and by the end of the week most of that long list is completed... of course more gets added for the following week but that is just the nature of work...
    Honestly, you will get there.
    (((((HUGS)))))
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Dimps_123
    Dimps_123 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Right ..... I've written a little list, taken from the big one. Got a couple of things to do tonight after my food shopping and a few things tomorrow. Hopefully that won't feel so bad :-)
    DIMPS
    Working towards being debt free :rotfl:June 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think with the way the weather turns in this country, the beach would be a winner for me if I didn't have to work! ;)
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm off to the beach tomorrow evening woohoo. Work will be done by then so at least I get a little reward!
    DIMPS
  • glass_half_full
    Options
    Hi Dimps,
    Thanks for popping on my diary over on MFW. Happy new diary to you! Its quieter on MFW, not like the white water rafting of DFW!
    I read your diary and I empathise with you. We too have a son of a similar age (20). He is also living his own life although he is back with us at the moment.
    I’m sure you are going to figure this all out. Looking forward to following your journey!
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
  • tlc678910
    tlc678910 Posts: 982 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Dimps,
    I noticed you said that some of your friends are busy with young families. When you have a catch up you could mention you are missing the company of your son as he is growing up and tell them if they are ever stuck for a babysitter or fancy a night out you will babysit if you can. You might enjoy the company of the young people and this could strengthen the bonds of your friendships. Good friends won't take advantage and will be keen to repay the favour helping you out with something or treating you in return. Anyone that takes advantage asking for babysitting but can't be bothered with you in between you can always start to say sorry that you are too busy.
    Tlc
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks tlc. The friends that have young children live quite a way away :-) I'm looking at joining a group or two - goes completely against my comfort zone but I think when I take the first step it should be ok. I managed to complete most of my list over the weekend even in the hot hot hot weather.

One of my cards 0% comes to an end next month so I've got to work out how to get that back on a new offer. I really haven't got much spare to pay the full % interest so need to do that ASAP.
    DIMPS
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Its been a quiet week this week. Busy weekend which will cost me some money but I have managed to halve my travel costs by checking out different routes and instead of buying out we are having a picnic and I'm responsible for the pud - so I'm pleased with that.

I need to find a way of not having to pay the interest on the card that comes to the end of its 0% period - will do that Monday.

No jobs around at the moment - main or additional so I just have to keep looking.

Keep safe in the hot hot sun this weekend and hopefully I'll have some positive updates over the coming months.
    xx
    DIMPS
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello I wanted to say Hi. I saw you on Skinty's diary. Well done you for posting and also what a lovely name you have. It just sounds happy and welcoming.

I hope you have a good day. Just think you live close to the sea and can enjoy the lovely weather after work. You will make v good friends and already have loads on MSE. Bless you, love, SWxxxxx

:j:j:j:j:beer:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Dimps_123
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah SW!! Thanks! I'm learning all about these forums - read a few and rarely comment, but just felt compelled to on Skinty's.

I'm working my way through life's challenges and think I need to hit bottom before I rise. (I'm close to bottom I feel, so hopefully I'm on my way up soon!). Isn't it funny how some people lose their confidence when they get older? I chicken out of so much, but reading other posts really helps me to think we can do this

You take care and look forward to seeing you around here xxx
    DIMPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills