Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 June 2018 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Hi all, remember me ?

Good to see some old faces still making loads of dosh - lol :cool:

Not been around for while and things mved on a bit = but still need extra money.

I noticed my ebay stuff not selling like it used to - in fact nothing in June at all at the moment !

That's beginning to bother me now - anyone else finding sales slow over there ?

:wave:Procrastinater. I certainly do remember you, in fact I wondered where you'd disappeared to. A lot of regulars seem to have gone AWOL:(, maybe they've been so successful on the challenge and are so rich now they don't need to do it any more:rotfl:

I hate eBay so much, well listing on there I mean. I buy lots of stuff on there but selling is another matter:(. They had a brilliant invitation-only offer on for 2 days recently of free listings and 1% final valuation fees on 100 items so I forced myself to bite the bullet and get listing. Hated every minute of it but managed to list 28 items in the time and have already sold 7 with watchers on a few others. They are BIN for a month so there's time yet to get rid of a few more;). I concentrated on my more expensive (well, less cheap really:rotfl:) items to squeeze maximum value out of the 1% final fees offer. Good luck with your sales:beer:

Now you're back, don't be a stranger:)
  • Procrastinater
    Options
    :wave:Procrastinater. I certainly do remember you, in fact I wondered where you'd disappeared to. A lot of regulars seem to have gone AWOL:(, maybe they've been so successful on the challenge and are so rich now they don't need to do it any more:rotfl:

I hate eBay so much, well listing on there I mean. I buy lots of stuff on there but selling is another matter:(. They had a brilliant invitation-only offer on for 2 days recently of free listings and 1% final valuation fees on 100 items so I forced myself to bite the bullet and get listing. Hated every minute of it but managed to list 30 items in the time and have already sold 7 with watchers on a few others. They are BIN for a month so there's time yet to get rid of a few more;). I concentrated on my more expensive (well, less cheap really:rotfl:) items to squeeze maximum value out of the 1% final fees offer. Good luck with your sales:beer:

Now you're back, don't be a stranger:)

Thanks for the welcome CBC :)

I am (was) pretty regular with the 'baysales and I get 100 free listings a day but have to pay fees on the sold ones. And I sell some pretty random stuff - like I would have sold at Carboots many years ago mainly.

I do the 30 day fixed priice too and I delete the "Make offer " box 'cos I usually make an offer if I'm buying so I assume a lot would - even if they were ok with "Full price".

I don't get 1% fees offered, but sometimes they'll give a quick deal for £3 max selling fees. (it went up from £1) so last couple of times, I ignored it and last week they offered £2 max for a couple of days.

A few years ago I did well with Snowdrops "in the green" - but some fool came up and started virtually giving them away "for charity", so it's not even been worth digging them up ! much less packaging and posting them.

Thought about car boots too - but we only have one decent one close by and I'm not sure about forking out £15 for a pitch. I used to have a little trailer and kept it packed all week - do you do that ?

Anyway, I been having trouble logging in, thought I forgot my password, so I just siad "forgot it" and found out I forgot how to spell my user-name :o kept typing it as procrastinator - not - "er"

Anyhow yes I'm back in the playground now and I'll try for £60 for this month. just to get my head in the right place. Should be able to do that surely ? - we'll see !

Thanks again for the welcome :D
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    £33.00 bonus to add so I'm up to £39.00 so far
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • Procrastinater
    Options
    £33.00 bonus to add so I'm up to £39.00 so far

Brilliant - well done - This place is so encouraging, my thinking is changing already ! :cool:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Procrastinater ..........Nice to see you back!!!:o
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Procrastinater
    Options
    Welcome back Procrastinater ..........Nice to see you back!!!:o

Thank you too for the welcome KM - It feels good to be back in honesty ! :D

And Thanks to Aesop for keeping this place alive - a little haven we can all return to - my guess is that a LOT of people are less poor than they would have otherwise been because of your efforts and the group positivity :)
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello:Hello everyone and especially Procrastinater - good to see you again

Glad you had a good holiday KM and hope you are enjoying your reduced hours at work.

I have a couple of small bits to add

£5.85 123 cashback
    £5 tsb reward
    £4.55 greenjinn

Total now £32.13
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back procrastinater.
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    shariann wrote: »
    :hello:Hello everyone and especially Procrastinater - good to see you again

Glad you had a good holiday KM and hope you are enjoying your reduced hours at work.

I have a couple of small bits to add

£5.85 123 cashback
    £5 tsb reward
    £4.55 greenjinn

Total now £32.13

Well done, shariann:T

Please can I ask what 'greenjinn' is? Never heard of it but the name sounds intriguing;).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope everyone's looking forward to an interesting weekend with plenty of money making opportunities. If not, I hope it doesn't turn out to be too spendy either:beer:

Sold 3 items on eBay yesterday:j. 2 were offered with free p/p (after upping the fixed price to cater for it when I made the listing:rotfl:) so will update on profit made when OH gets back from the Post Office and I know how much it cost.

Definitely not car booting this weekend. I always feel it's an opportunity lost when I wake up on a Sunday morning and the sun is shining but I just can't be bothered to rake stuff out of sheds and clean it up today:o. OH has heeded my pestering (after decades of it:eek:) and is slowly working his way through caves of his own total junk (3 sheds and garage) so I'm helping him to organise it for disposal. Most of it is only fit for the tip or recycling but there's some that could go to the charity shop so I'll clean that up for him. I've a lot of my own stuff that can go to the charity shop too. The local animal rescue centre where I volunteer has opened a small charity shop in a nearby town. A bit too far for me to volunteer to work in on a regular basis, sadly, as it's 30 miles away but I can certainly donate some nice saleable things. A lot of my car boot sale stash might be heading that way too:j.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure