ScottishPower not compliant

Options
2»

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP - have you considered changing your payment method to SO.

That puts you in control of how much and what date the payment is sent from your account.

I would add if they have raised your DD it may mean that you have used more energy than they projected so you may need to either adjust a SO accordingly or be prepared to pay the shortfall in a one off payment.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • amallett
    Options
    I went to the ombudsman the first time this happened and the ombudsman having been told be ScottishPower that they inform the user when meter readings are entered and also the notification is on the bill. The ombudsman rejected my appeal saying that ScottishPower had done everything in its power to inform me. I appealed stating that their system did not inform me and that because I had not received and email stating my bill was available to view I was unaware. They looked into it further and confirmed that the bill wasn!!!8217;t available to view until 5 day!!!8217;s after meter readings entered and that I had no way of knowing it had been produced. They agreed that had I been emailed then I would have signed on to view and see the notice. In their findings they made ScottishPower apologise and pay £50 in comp but they said they cannot Comment as to if ScottishPower breached direct debit rules because they are not the regulator of the direct debit scheme.

After the apology I reinstated my DD because if you pay via standing order it commands a higher tariff.

It has happened twice since! The first time I wrote and complained and ScottishPower insisted their system informs you when you enter the meter readings. Which is why this time I filmed myself entering the readings, but still they not listening and ombudsman says it can!!!8217;t rule in same complaint twice.

I am going to ditch and switch but I want to let others know they are not compliant.

I bet you all receive emails from other suppliers when bill ready to view?

ScottishPower expect everyone to be clairvoyant!
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No, my supplier does not email me when they have produced a bill. But I know what the latest day it is due by.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    amallett wrote: »
    No you shouldn’t have to take responsible (sic) yourself.

:rotfl: welcome to modern society people.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Every supplier I have ever used, which is a lot including Scottish Power, have emailed me when a direct debit amount changes, or a new bill is available. I don't see why they wouldn't, sending an email costs virtually nothing.

But I've not used SP for a few years - sounds like they've changed? Or do they have email settings that you can opt out of getting emails? Just seems a strange thing not to do.

Perfectly reasonable to expect an email when the DD changes, and/or when a new bill is available if the DD change is on the bill.
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    The last time my direct debit changed with Scottish Power I received a) an on-screen notification, b) a note on my monthly statement, c) an Activity Log message, and d) an e-mail.

I can't see what more they can do.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    The last time my direct debit changed with Scottish Power I received a) an on-screen notification, b) a note on my monthly statement, c) an Activity Log message, and d) an e-mail.

I can't see what more they can do.
    But OP isn't getting an email. That's the point. And it seems SP are saying that's the way it is, rather than investigating why he/she's not getting an email.
  • Shavuot
    Shavuot Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    owen_money wrote: »
    Really????? Trust me life is too short, get out there and enjoy yourself

(could also apply to me, I need to get out more instead of reading rubbish on here, right I'm off, I've some paint to watch drying)

Agreed.

I've been away for a year, and I must say I have noticed a downturn in the quality of posts on this site since last year ... and last year they were not brilliant.

Forums are old hat now.
    Save for posts in his own blog, I see MSE Martin has not posted on here since last summer (1 post in Aug 2017, and prior to that over 12 months ago)

Seems twitter is the future. At least MSE Martin obviuously feels so with the amount of posts he makes on there.

I wonder how much longer the current MSE management will perservere with this obviously dying duck? A duck dying a clearly very painful death.

RIP moneysavingexpert.com forums :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport