🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How many syns in almonds please?
    Plus how many is classed as a portion?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    How many syns in almonds please?
    Plus how many is classed as a portion?
    Tia.

Almonds whole/flaked/ground (20g) he 6
    Almonds whole/flaked/ground (16) he 6

Morning all :D
    Beanie glad you had nice tea :j
    Curly, abbafan well done on your loss:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All

Well I have been good all week, but did succumb to 2 tiny cinnamon rolls last night, dd decided to make them (normally my job) and they turned out lovely, not sure if my taste buds are changing, but I do not remember then being so sweet in the past.

Today we are having our monthly takeaway, df have opted for Chinese, I have 33 1/2 syns left over plus my normal daily limit of 20 so 53 to help counteract. I will also go for a walk for the hour and a half the kids are at their class instead of going home, so hope this all balances a bit!
    Enjoy your Sunday, hope it is dry where you are x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good that you got a loss curlgirl.:T

Just read this

'As it turns out, you can find these antioxidants in red wine and dark chocolate. But you can also get them from green teas, berries and apples.'

Maman - hope you wine syns are red wine syns!

;-))))

I'm a bit of a tart when it comes to wine. :o Last night was Sauvignon Blanc but I'm also happy with red.:D I can't see me getting the same pleasure from green tea though!:(

You've got plenty of syns left to enjoy a Chinese sirens. be careful of anything fried though like noodles or spring rolls or crispy batters. The safest things are black bean and plain rice. Hope you enjoy it.:)

I'm looking forward to my Sunday roast. Today it's chicken and I'll make stuffing balls from LM red onion sausages.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, half HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: chickenless casserole with extra Speed
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, carrot & swede mash, cauli, broccoli, kale
    Syns: Parmesan 1, HM gravy 4, wine syns.:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a great Sunday all :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,633 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm definitely a red wine fan; will drink white if I visit my friend as that's all she drinks but really prefer red. White I find easier to drink as a Kir!

Glad you enjoyed your fab tea out and Kir Royale & gin syns!

I've kind of fallen off the wagon already - think I've already hit holiday mode and we don't even go away for another two days!

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up; 1 slice WM bread & spread (0.5 HEB + 1)
    L - leek & potato soup; 1 slice of WM bread (0.5 HEB)
    D - sticky salmon; starfry veg & noodles (my menu plan read starry veg!) 1 syn for honey

HEA will be milk in tea throughout the day.
    HEB - 2 slices HM bread
    Syns - low fat spread 1; tsp honey 1; gin syns 6?

Denise
  • curl_girl
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Almonds whole/flaked/ground (20g) he 6
    Almonds whole/flaked/ground (16) he 6

Morning all :D
    Beanie glad you had nice tea :j
    Curly, abbafan well done on your loss:T:T

I bought a bag of whole as they are supposed to help boost your immune system?
    I ate a mixed bag of fruit, nuts and seeds in the car on Friday but there was 240 calories in a small bag, mind you most of the sunflower seeds are scattered around the car! :eek:
    Made a right mess.......
  • curl_girl
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Morning All

Well I have been good all week, but did succumb to 2 tiny cinnamon rolls last night, dd decided to make them (normally my job) and they turned out lovely, not sure if my taste buds are changing, but I do not remember then being so sweet in the past.

Today we are having our monthly takeaway, df have opted for Chinese, I have 33 1/2 syns left over plus my normal daily limit of 20 so 53 to help counteract. I will also go for a walk for the hour and a half the kids are at their class instead of going home, so hope this all balances a bit!
    Enjoy your Sunday, hope it is dry where you are x

Enjoy your takeaway SIRENS

I always think Chinese is one of the better options.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I bought a bag of whole as they are supposed to help boost your immune system?
    I ate a mixed bag of fruit, nuts and seeds in the car on Friday but there was 240 calories in a small bag, mind you most of the sunflower seeds are scattered around the car! :eek:
    Made a right mess.......

I dont know about that but surely fruit and veg do?
    I have not touched a nut since starting SW, or pastry,biscuits, cake, choc as i know i wont be able to stop:o
    You need the hoover out then:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I dont know about that but surely fruit and veg do?
    I have not touched a nut since starting SW, or pastry,biscuits, cake, choc as i know i wont be able to stop:o
    You need the hoover out

I eat a varied diet, loads of veg and fruit.
    Read about garlic, ginger, spinach and almonds.
    Not keen on ginger really.
    So thought I'd get some seeds and nuts.

I'll get Henry out later. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport