Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Just realised I haven't put any syns on my menu for today. Wine syns being consumed right now!:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Seeing denise's post reminded me that I had the most delicious cauliflower steaks last week. I'm going to do them again tomorrow evening.

Cut a large steak about 1.5 cm thick from the middle of a head of cauliflower. (I cut 2 and then broke the rest up into florest for another day).

Spray with frylight and scatter liberally with spices. I chose garlic granules and 5 spice but you could experiment.

Roast on a baking tray for about the same time as SW chips. I turned mine over half way through and seasoned the other side a bit too.

I'm not a veggie so I used them as a side with fish or ham.

Thanks.
    That sounds lovely.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 25 May 2018 at 8:19PM
    Options
    Thank you for the receipe Gettingtherequicklyi had forgotten how much I enjoy that. We are having salad on bank hol Monday so I shall make some to to with it!

Today was okay the family had panko chicken and Somerset potatoes, but I made a jacket for me and oven baked chicken with plenty of veg ad apart from the bbq sauce Syn Free.
    I have had a kit kat today, one of those lovely new lemon ones, and also 1 birthday cake oreo to try ( not terrible impressed) will probably have a yog later.
    So 10 1/2 syns used
    mylastpound I do not attend club, I went for awhile last year but did not feel very included, I found it very cliquey, and the leader only acknowledged me once (when I joined) in 3 months, not so much as a hello, but I did like the plan, so I decided to go it alone. I started in January on my own and although it is slow, I have lost just over 2 stone this year, groups like this and the os group and Facebook groups have been a godsend, I agree that batch cooking is a huge help and also planning, I do a rough 4 week plan so I know what I need, when, it saves time and that frustrating !
    What shall I cook today? refrain that none of my df help me with.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • mylastpound
    mylastpound Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Thank you for your comments and support.

i have no excuse when it comes to batch cooking, i bought a chest freezer as a 2nd freezer last year. i even plan my meals, but then go the shop and sabotarge myself after a bad day.

Think i need to put on the big gals pants ad suck it up. Its only myself im affecting. I have lovely hobbs dresses in my wardrobe i cant wear as they are now 4 sizes too small.

i cant do it from home as i rely on the syn tracker and if i dont go group i get cut off.

Re. The doctors, i had bloods done and it was low iron.
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mylastpound - you can always ask on here for syn values. There are loads of us with access to the syns online and syns calculator.

I suppose I'm quite lucky that I don't go past shops as I no longer work and live 8 miles from the nearest supermarket! We do go shopping twice a week but the 2nd shop is in a different town which is 15 miles away! but there's a Lidl there which there isn't in our local town and I like a lot of their stuff.

Thanks for the chilli recipe Maman and for the cauliflower steak idea. I've thought about trying it but wasn't sure what to have with it, daft as that sounds, never though about using it as a side rather than a main!

Will give the chilli recipe a go when I come back from holiday.

I'm enjoying gin syns tonight instead of wine to keep the syns a bit lower as I know it's going to be much more difficult over the month while I'm away! You just can't go to France and not have the food & wine - it would be so rude, LOL!

Denise
  • mylastpound
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Mylastpound -
    I suppose I'm quite lucky that I don't go past shops as I no longer work and live 8 miles from the nearest supermarket! We do go shopping twice a week but the 2nd shop is in a different town which is 15 miles away! but there's a Lidl there which there isn't in our local town and I like a lot of their stuff.

Your right, having 2 big super markets and 2 smaller shops within walking distance is dangerous. Its easy to change your mind and nip the shop
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Thank you for your comments and support.

i have no excuse when it comes to batch cooking, i bought a chest freezer as a 2nd freezer last year. i even plan my meals, but then go the shop and sabotarge myself after a bad day.

Think i need to put on the big gals pants ad suck it up. Its only myself im affecting. I have lovely hobbs dresses in my wardrobe i cant wear as they are now 4 sizes too small.

i cant do it from home as i rely on the syn tracker and if i dont go group i get cut off.

Re. The doctors, i had bloods done and it was low iron.

I love hobbs clothes for work, you can send them to me! :D:D:D:D
  • mylastpound
    Options
    I love hobbs clothes for work, you can send them to me! :D:D:D:D

lol i know! there really smart for work
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    lol i know! there really smart for work

So competition - we will have a race to see who fits in them first - the winner gets the clothes! Game on....

:D:D:D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Was up early this morning so just sorted out today's plan (I've had to change it as DD1 is coming over and wants bacon butties for lunch!)

I'm having a Green day today so will have:

B - scrambled eggs on toast - HEB1
    L - cheese & onion chutney sandwich - HEB2
    D - spinach & ricotta cannelloni (using up some spinach & ricotta my neighbour gave me as she's off on holiday today - she even gave me the cannelloni tubes as I didn't have any!)

HEA1 - milk throughout the day in tea
    HEA2 - cheese
    HEB1&2 - bread (don't usually have bread twice in a day but it was a case of finding something I could have instead of bacon!)

Syns - none planned but maybe some alcohol tonight but will see whether I want it

Have a good weekend everyone - hope the weather is better where you are than it is here.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport