Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Morning all

Well WI first thing this morning and can report -1.5 lb so am well pleased with that - 1/2lb more and I will be at my pre Christmas weight again :rotfl:

we're going away this weekend but with that incentive I know I will be good - I am even going to take my measuring jug so I can measure my wine rather than guestimate it.

Tonight will probably be an aldi prawn bhuna with microwave rice.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    I've tried microwave broccoli rice today. If you enjoy rice (which I don't), don't switch.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    - 1/2lb Can't say that I am that impressed, but a loss is a loss!

I have Egyptian family, so only do what they do when it comes to taboulah:D

Simply boil the bulgar wheat in stock, I tend to use veg, no need to worry about how much, as once it is cooked it is tipped into strainer, make sure that as much liquid as possible is drained away.

Then all I do is add spring onions, peppers, 1/4'ed cherry tomatoes, lemon juice & chopped mint. Usually use green peppers as there is then the nice mix of colours. Leave is a bowl to allow the lemon & mint flavours to start absorbing. Good for a couple of days, fresh & flavoured!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Simply boil the bulgar wheat in stock, I tend to use veg, no need to worry about how much, as once it is cooked it is tipped into strainer, make sure that as much liquid as possible is drained away.

Then all I do is add spring onions, peppers, 1/4'ed cherry tomatoes, lemon juice & chopped mint. Usually use green peppers as there is then the nice mix of colours. Leave is a bowl to allow the lemon & mint flavours to start absorbing. Good for a couple of days, fresh & flavoured!

That's similar to how I do it but I don't usually bother with the stock and just use water. The other thing I like to add is pomegranate seeds - I keep some in the freezer all the time. I think it really lifts the taboulah.

Today's plan:

B - porridge; strawberries & raspberries
    L - sweetcorn & tuna fritters with salsa (recipe on the website)
    D - chicken curry & rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - probably have some g&t's tonight to keep the syns lowish:D

Denise
  • BarleySugar
    BarleySugar Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1lb off for me today.:T

Well done to all the losers. I!m sure the good weather helps. It’s still glorious here and we’re having a BBQ tonight, followed by a long walk in the evening for a bit of BM. :j:j
  • BarleySugar
    BarleySugar Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And thanks for the tabouleh recipe gtq and Joedenise, sounds like my kind of food, so will give it a try next week. :beer:
  • mylastpound
    mylastpound Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh guys......im really struggling.

The main culpart seems to be the stress from work (Demanding job with tight deadline mostly) and when i get home i just want to eat junk food and fizzy pop. Even planning my meals in advance can go out the window. im starting to realise im a comfort eater.

im currently low on Iron, so ive had to started back on Iron tablets, it showed as i couldnt stop craving pasta and my hands / feets constantly cold and i was shattered constantly, Im starting to feel better. But now i need to start using my gym membership or do Joe Wicks Hits DVD. as i always feel better when i exercise, mentally. but its the finishing work and self sabotarge that recks it and its a vicious cycle.

i havent been to group for 3 weeks, So if i go back tomorrow, thats £20. i never stay after weigh in as i just find they go round to the room and do the usual happy clap. Personally i would get more from it, if they did a talk on something food related / factual / health ect instead of hearing the weekly losses. i hope that doesnt offend anyone.

i feel like im growing by the day and im living in black leggins and baggy black cardi. i know i can only change, but i just need to rein it in, but im really struggling.

Can anyone share some wisdom?
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Exactly the same for me :)

Delighted to report 2 lbs for me
    LOwest weight this year :j :j
    Yayyy well done:j:j:j i am the lowest weight i have been since i was about 14:eek::eek::eek: i am 51 this yr:o
    joedenise wrote: »
    You're in the position I wish I'd managed to get to before my holiday! It's quite easy to "forget" to take off your jumper or wear some heavy jewellery - I had to do that a few years ago as I dropped out of bottom end and didn't want to have to pay. There was a lady in group who wore a heavy gold watch and I just used to put that on while I got weighed - it did the trick! I even had my bag on my shoulder one week (we had a different consultant that week so I told her I'd always weighed with my bag, LOL!)

Denise
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:thats funny, Barbara the weigh lady , she would say put your shoes /coat on as she has done it:D
    maman wrote: »
    Great losses bubbs and beanie :T

You don't have to go to group every week when you're at target bubbs . You could just stay away until after your holidays or have an extra picky tea this week! :rotfl:

I'm off to Turkey for 3 weeks denise . We always go about this time, meet up with friends and relax.:D

I adapt the Hairy Bikers chilli con carne recipe. I can't do links on my phone but I'll look it up tomorrow and see what I generally change.
    Thanks, no i know but that would be the start of a slippy slope for me and also i am pay lady on social team
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Well done bubbs....

Well done beanie.....

Great loss both of you.
    Lovely sunny day here :)
    Been thrashing it down here now misty:eek:
    I am going out for tea tonight with my DS & his GF :j :j
    May have a gin or two :D

Enjoy :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Morning all

Well WI first thing this morning and can report -1.5 lb so am well pleased with that - 1/2lb more and I will be at my pre Christmas weight again :rotfl:

we're going away this weekend but with that incentive I know I will be good - I am even going to take my measuring jug so I can measure my wine rather than guestimate it.

Tonight will probably be an aldi prawn bhuna with microwave rice.

Have a good day everyone.
    :T:T:T well done
    Stoke wrote: »
    I've tried microwave broccoli rice today. If you enjoy rice (which I don't), don't switch.
    I cant eat rice but have cauli rice, dry fry with garlic and parsley and its lovely :D

:T:T:T well done , like you say a loss is a loss:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure