Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm new to slimming world, but I just wondered if people would use bulgar wheat or cous cous in a salad.

I've been having pasta, but I feel like a change.

I'm guessing bulgar wheat and cous cous are free, but not sure.

Hello :wave:

You can use cous cous in a salad & I have had some really lovely ones.
    I think the plain is free.
    The syns experts will be along soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Morning all!

Well there was no physical activity last night apart from walking the dog, who was abit of a dead duck until he was able to have a swim (mind you I would be as well if I was forced to wear a fur coat in the heat) and plans to go swimming this morning - only hubby stayed to the bitter end of the do so didn't get in from taxi service duty until 1am so surprisingly that didn't happen!

Have got a bit of a concert tonight with the choir which usually means a drink afterwards but as we're going away for the BH I'm going to be good and either stick to soft drinks or have an early bath so to speak.

Good to know about the bagels - I try not to eat a lot of bread ....I know it sounds piggish but I could, even now, eat a whole french stick myself so I try and avoid toast etc but for some reason when I'm away in the caravan, that's when I miss toast the most.

Have a good day everyone
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollyanna both bulgar wheat and couscous are free; the flavoured ones would be syns so you'd need to look them up either on line or on the app but should only be a couple of syns.

Final WI before my holiday today and lost another 0.5lb so just below target - had hoped to get to bottom end but just didn't happen. Probably due to so many weekends away!

Tasters this morning but there was so much sweet and synced food it was unbelievable - ended up having 5 syns; I always take something which is either Free or no more than 1 syn.

Another Green day today:

B - melon chunks; tasters 5
    L - jacket potato; beans; lolly (need to check syns but suspect about 9)
    D - LO lentil & veg lasagne with SW chips

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Final WI before my holiday today and lost another 0.5lb so just below target - had hoped to get to bottom end but just didn't happen. Probably due to so many weekends away!
    :T that's great denise. Well done! I think you do ever so well to keep in range around your lifestyle. I know you can sometimes eat SW friendly in your motorhome but you do manage to eat out a lot as well and have plenty of wine syns!:D
    When are you off on your holiday?

I try not to eat a lot of bread ....I know it sounds piggish but I could, even now, eat a whole french stick myself so I try and avoid toast etc but for some reason when I'm away in the caravan, that's when I miss toast the most.

I know what you mean GTS. Strangely enough I don't find it too hard in this country but in France and other countries the bread is such a temptation. We're away next month and we have an apartment so we'll be SC for breakfast. I'm thinking hard about taking some Ryvita with me to help offset the bread. When I was getting to target I took some of those Pagen Danish krisprolls that used to be a HEB and took them down to breakfast in the hotel every morning. Not sure I could be so angelic now though.:o

I had my favourite JP with cottage cheese for lunch but I do need some variety. I'm planning to make a pot of veggie chilli for the freezer. I'll make up single portions and then I can always double up if DH wants to join me in a veggie meal. We might even manage a Green day!:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, half HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese, ham, spring onions and beetroot
    D: chicken casserole (onion, leek, carrots, courgette, mushrooms) with new potatoes and cabbage
    Syns: HP sauce 1, cornflour 1
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options

I'm guessing bulgar wheat and cous cous are free, but not sure.

I made taboulah earlier in the week, it is a lovely change for a salad and as it absorbs the flavours, it tastes better on day 2/3.

WI tonight, got a bit of a belly ache today, hope it impacts favourably!

Enjoy your holibob Denise, wish I could take a holiday that long:(

GTS - no physically activity followed by complaining about hubster working late:rotfl:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options

GTS - no physically activity followed by complaining about hubster working late:rotfl:

No he wasn't working - he was being wined & dined by a client hence the taxi service!

I can see I'm going to have to think very carefully what I write in the future lol
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well.............2lb loss for me:j:j:j:j
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Bubbs well done :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    I made taboulah earlier in the week, it is a lovely change for a salad and as it absorbs the flavours, it tastes better on day 2/3.

I had to google this.... the first ingredients was 1/4 cup of oil! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No he wasn't working - he was being wined & dined by a client hence the taxi service!

I can see I'm going to have to think very carefully what I write in the future lol

I have to admit I had thought the same! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bubbs well done :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

I had to google this.... the first ingredients was 1/4 cup of oil! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have to admit I had thought the same! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks, now i can only lose 1/2lb or i will be paying for losing too much:rotfl::rotfl: so if i have a good loss next 2 weeks i will be weighing with boots and coat:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    :T that's great denise. Well done! I think you do ever so well to keep in range around your lifestyle. I know you can sometimes eat SW friendly in your motorhome but you do manage to eat out a lot as well and have plenty of wine syns!:D
    When are you off on your holiday?

Thank you. Just wish I could have got a bit lower before my holiday.

We're off to France on Tuesday evening. Going from Newhaven to Dieppe this time. It's not a ferry we've used before and it's a much longer crossing than doing the usual Dover to Calais.

I know what you mean GTS. Strangely enough I don't find it too hard in this country but in France and other countries the bread is such a temptation. We're away next month and we have an apartment so we'll be SC for breakfast. I'm thinking hard about taking some Ryvita with me to help offset the bread. When I was getting to target I took some of those Pagen Danish krisprolls that used to be a HEB and took them down to breakfast in the hotel every morning. Not sure I could be so angelic now though.:o

Completely agree. I can't understand why the "french" sticks in this country are so different to proper french sticks!

Where are you off to next month?

I had my favourite JP with cottage cheese for lunch but I do need some variety. I'm planning to make a pot of veggie chilli for the freezer. I'll make up single portions and then I can always double up if DH wants to join me in a veggie meal. We might even manage a Green day!:)

What recipe do you use for your veggie chilli? I'm always disappointed when I make it.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, half HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese, ham, spring onions and beetroot
    D: chicken casserole (onion, leek, carrots, courgette, mushrooms) with new potatoes and cabbage
    Syns: HP sauce 1, cornflour 1

Haven't made taboulah for a long time. I usually use a James Martin recipe with pomegranate seeds when I do make it. When we go to France we usually buy it ready made and it's really nice - unfortunately it's quite high syn because of the oil in it!!!

They also sell a pack to make your own which I bring back for my grandson as he loves it. It's the dried bulgar wheat which a tin of a tomato & veg sauce which you just mix together. It's very nice but again quite high syn.

Definitely intending to enjoy my holiday. It's good being retired and getting away for a month at a time and mainly out of season!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport