🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    [/B]
    And having wind:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ooh yes! :rotfl:
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I really hope I can keep it up though as past records see me losing 7lb, giving up then putting more on.......

Since I asked to join in the spring challenge I've lost 9lb so it's around now when I've got to be careful.
    Thank goodness it's summer as I stand a better chance of sticking to good eating habits than in winter.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

I really hope I can keep it up though as past records see me losing 7lb, giving up then putting more on.......

Since I asked to join in the spring challenge I've lost 9lb so it's around now when I've got to be careful.
    Thank goodness it's summer as I stand a better chance of sticking to good eating habits than in winter.

Thats good:T:T you WILL do it, its a marathon not a sprint:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    100_8660_1.jpg
    Gammon, mushrooms, onions, peas, grilled toms and an egg :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,633 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome Pollyanna to the thread.

It is definitely a good idea to go to group at least for a week or so to get the new member pack and the new member talk from the consultant. He or she will be able to explain the plan to you in simple terms and give you the opportunity to ask any questions that you think of.

Definitely start off with 15 syns a day, reducing you syns does NOT increase your weight loss, in fact it is quite often the opposite! I also didn't need to lose very much but was told to have the full 15 syns a day. You may want to reduce it to 10 if you find you're not losing. I told a while to get to target as I never lose very much at a time, ie 1/2lb most weeks with the occasional lb!

I'm another target member who uses my syns weekly - I have want I want over the weekend and then come Sunday night I tot up how many syns I've had and then divide what's left by 3 to give me a daily target until Thursday when I go to WI.

This is not the SW official line but if it works for you then go for it. I've done it this way since almost the beginning.

Denise
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,010 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    [/B]
    And having wind:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Can't say I've noticed that one personally - perhaps it's because I don't have my salad with beans on :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed that one personally - perhaps it's because I don't have my salad with beans on :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nor do i cant eat beans:(:( most people say about the wind, you must be lucky:D
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI all.
    I'm sure there will have been gains (boo! :mad:), losses (yay! :j), STSs (meh! :p ) and new friends to meet :D since I was last on here. I have been completely disorganised since we came home so there was far too much to catch up on. You are a gabby bunch!
    I need to get back on track and if I'm not on here I've no chance. See you all tomorrow.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Well done.
    Is that for last week's chart or this? :D

Morning all.
    Glorious day.

Typical ..... trying to confuse me even more....Chris knows what she is doing, she is the expert!

Well done on SOW - you are my inspiration - so you need to carry on!

Stoke, what about organising to do something energetic with your friends. DS2 took a group of his friends to an old sports club on the weekend, they have all joined so that is two workouts per week before the male bonding in the pub!

I came home from work to a salad... I could have hit him as I had ate, fruit, muller and bran for breakfast, then raw veg/salad all day.... I ended up making stirfry with cooked veg, noodles and 1 tsp of sweet chilli. Just had grapes and muller for pub - and now I feel i have ate food. OH sat in a sulk and had salad on his own..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I suppose the positive is that my lunch is ready for tomorrow!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of salad then today Sunshinemummy :p:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport