Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you have had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh poor DD that her hair is not as silver as she wanted. Hair dye is one of those suck it and see things isn't it? Looks completely different on different hair. It is a learning curve. Love the idea of DD having a hairy back though.

Happy last day of incarceration, enjoy every second of not being institutionalised, and I really hope the kids don't turn into sulk monsters too badly over the holidays. This Christmas is the one they will notice everything as 'different'.

Then you have that holiday to look forward to as well.
    I am envious.

DS3 asked if I ever 'get rid' of DH, could we get a dog and call it DHs name (he did not specify if that was divorce/ death/ accidental death/ loss down the back of the sofa/ murder). He is 10

Congratulations on the nisi - are you going to frame it?
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Happy days CCL. About time you had one like that, and you deserve many more to come too.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I can imagine how horrified dd would be if she knew that I'd accidentally written something that insinuated she has a hairy back. :rotfl::rotfl:
    So. I have survived. :j:j:j And it's not even 6pm and I've already had 2 large glasses of fizz, but that will be it for the night. I have noticed that ds gets nervous if he sees me drinking and presumes that I will end up like his dad so I will sober up as the evening progresses and everything will be fine. Today was another fairly good one - the mood at work was good, and it was only a half day.
    Good job it was only a half day as well because I was shattered. I woke up at 4am and I could hear someone moving about the house - thankfully it was dd and not her dad as I had been worrying about. Unfortunately she was poorly bless her, feeling very sickly and couldn't settle. That was me up for the day, although she did manage to get back to sleep for a bit. I told her she could stay home, but she was insistent that she wasn't missing the last day at school even though she didn't quite feel well.
    The Head had put bacon sarnies on for breakfast at work, so I shamelessly indulged, and also fed ds for free :p. Survived my only teaching lesson of the day and the two hours with my form were actually quite pleasant. They were all competitive and wanting to join in with the quiz and arguing over the answers etc. Plus they had brought LOADS of party food in, and I brought the leftovers home for me and the kids for lunch/dinner/tea/snacks etc. And the Head was keen that we all get gone as close to 12 as possible. I was in the house by quarter to one, and did a little bit of tidying, plus I had some flowers to put in a vase - then I got the rest of my wrapping finished finally :j DD was home from school just before 2pm - sounds as though her school trip hadn't been well organised and they were brought home early, without any lunch. Unfortunately though she's still not very well at all and went straight to bed. I've tried to get her to stay hydrated, but she's not at all interested in food at the moment.
    I picked ds up from school at half three, complete with a massive hole in his brand new Christmas jumper :mad: which he thinks that I will be able to crochet back together. I can't be bothered to look at it tonight but it needs looking at quite urgently before it ladders right through. Anyways, we came straight home and he's gone straight to play on his Xbox. DD is still in bed, the party food is in the kitchen and I am watching telly before I have a very early night indeed.
    Thankfully there has been no word, or visit from ex. Although I did get a call today from social services saying that they are closing my case as they are satisfied that I am doing everything right by the kids, which I am very relieved about. But still angry that ex could do this to us, and treat us this way. Never mind though - it's all moving on.
    I'm not framing the nisi, although it is in a very safe place - I'm waiting for the absolute to come through. Then the celebrations will truly begin!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy happy holidays to you all :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,186 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Whoo-hoo, CCL! Liberation! Well, for a couple of weeks anyway. Enjoy it. Indulge your creative side, enjoy your children & get some rest.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • erin_transport
    Options
    Woohoo CCL!
    Onwards and upwards xx
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    :THurray for the end of term:T
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee: :hello:
    Well. I only went and managed 8 hours of sleep last night! :eek: I'm not sure why I've woken up still feeling very fuzzy headed and rough but I am starting to suspect I am falling foul of a poor diet of recent days. I will make it my mission to eat some good food over today.
    I've written a list of jobs to do today and it is MASSIVE. All little jobs, but things that have to be done before Christmas. I have already looked at and repaired ds Christmas jumper - it's not great but it will do. I have also washed up, and am just about to go and buy some meat from the butchers (bestie's hubby) ready for the festivities. No turkey though - pork and beef here.
    I also have a tutoring session this morning, and need to do a bit of sorting and tidying as I seem to have loads of stuff lying about (I know it's Christmas but there's literally loads of food on the kitchen table and presents lying around), and my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow for the last time this year so I need to make it as presentable as possible. Then I have to sort out and bag up Christmas presents for delivery - bestie today, my family tomorrow plus it's also my niece's birthday tomorrow. I could use a couple more large bags for blankets but I refuse to go to any shops other than the butchers today.
    So, as I say, lots of little things (but the list looks massive). I'm going to get on now though - the sooner I make a start, the sooner it will be done.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I have to take DS3 into town to buy DS4 his birthday present from him. I'll race you back!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport