Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope you slept well CCL.

It's easy for me to say, but don't beat yourself up. It's not your fault. The Christmas spirit will soon arrive.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    One down, four to go... I am SO pleased to have survived a full teaching day today. Thankfully my Year 10 and 11 classes were lovely today - so it was just a case of scraping my two Year 9 classes off the ceiling at regular intervals and playing whack a mole etc. It wasn't too bad, but I was quite pleased to make a fairly early escape at 4pm.
    I had intended to have a nsd, but when I got home my man that fixes stuff had been round. The police had suggested to me that I should get my outdoor light fixed - which hasn't worked for years. I was sure it was just in need of a new bulb but all the bolts had rusted etc - so I asked my man if he could have a look and either fix or replace. He has fixed it, so that cost me a tenner, and I have a working light and a bit of added security for my night time get ups to let the cats in and out.
    Also, the house finally is looking and feeling a bit festive - there are presents under the tree, and cards are up and I'm really almost there. Shopping is done and I refuse to spend another penny on presents for people, or more food for the three of us. There are a couple of small things still to do though - I have been putting off the present wrapping again... but I will get round to it even if I have to do it in the middle of the night one night - although I am hoping that I'll get time on Saturday or Sunday during the day. Also want to attempt one more lot of hand made gifts. I'm going for mincemeat - the ingredients are all in and I just need to actually make it. Too tired tonight but I'll see how the rest of the week goes. All crochet items are for my own relaxation and not gifting, and I intend to be in bed before 10pm every night this week (living a wild life eh?).
    I'm not great physically and mentally - struggled a bit with sleep last night, and woke up this morning with a massive nosebleed. They normally only happen once I'm very stressed out. I feel quite wiped out, a bit anxious and I have a lot of self doubt. However, I'm still plodding on and I don't have that hopeless feeling that I sometimes get when it's all a bit much. I just feel a bit stressed out and a bit unwell. Early night tonight and hoping for a good sleep and an ok day tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Plodding on is always good :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joeyjimbles
    Options
    Personally when in doubt, one foot in front of the other is the only way to go - and you are doing in beautifuly
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    I shouldn't be on here at work, but I am. And I am literally counting down the seconds until I can get out of here and go home tonight. Anyone who is or who knows a teacher will know what a windy day does to the behaviour of the little cherubs. Well, put that on top of the usual end-of-term-before-Christmas shenanigans and far too many supply teachers for one school and that has been my day today. I can't decide whether to laugh, cry, eat myself into a coma or what. I just need it to be home time quite soon.
    Not that I have much to do at home, but I do have a snuggly blanket, my pyjamas and the tv. I actually can't stop yawning. I don't know why I can't sleep at night but I have no trouble at all with wanting to sleep during the day. I woke up to a loud banging noise at about half one again this morning. I'm sure that you can imagine how terrified I was. I haven't worked out what it was, but I didn't see ex (or any evidence of him) outside the house. Also awake from half past four with my brain being far too busy of all sorts of stuff.
    Hopefully it should be a nsd as I have no plans other than to drive home, have a shower, eat dinner and slob all night.
    Still just plodding. It's about survival, and there are just 3 more get ups to go for now.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending (((hugs))) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Got home from work and dd wanted me to drop her at her friend's house for Christmas gift exchanging. She also wants me to pick her up later, so not the full relaxation I had planned.
    However, I have had my dinner, had a shower, and I decided to make my mincemeat ready for my final gifts... It's cooling down on the hob now ready to be put into jars. Looks and smells ok to me - hopefully it will turn out ok. Now I just need to stay awake for another couple of hours.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done for managing to make mincemeat after a day at school. Sympathies on the wind...we had 2 wet breaks today...
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope it isent too late when you pick up DD.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure