edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
2.1K replies 291.5K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great loss :j :j
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know those times when everything goes wrong, and it's a million little things, just one after the other? That is how the weekend has ended up going...
    It started when ds arranged with his dad that he could come to our house to visit - without my knowing anything about it. DS accidentally let it slip once we were at bestie's house - didn't realise how much the thought of ex coming to the house still stressed me out. Had a good time with bestie, although I wish my confidence was a bit better than it is at the moment. I feel like I've lost myself a little bit - I'm not physically and mentally exhausted any more, but I am back to low self esteem and lacking the confidence to do much.
    I ended up telling ds to rearrange to go to his dad's instead of his dad coming to us. DS decided he wanted to take his bike, and then I took a chunk of paint out of the car trying to get his bike in the back - which started the downward spiral.
    This was followed by my finding a massive mistake in my crochet and having to take almost half of it out. Then having to drive back to ex's place to pick ds up. Then waking up to a massive nosebleed at 2am and not being able to get back to sleep because of it. Then being woken at 5 by cats, then being woken at 8 by next door neighbour stressing because it was raining and the cats were outside. :mad:
    Got downstairs and promptly spilt my wax warmer - throwing wax all over the place for me to clean up. Then stood on my dustpan and brush by accident and broke it while I was carrying a massive bag of cat litter, which I spilt. Managed to make breakfast and get to tutoring without too much incident. Got home desperate for the loo and threw my bag on the kitchen table - knocking a glass of juice off, which smashed all over the place. Went to the loo, came downstairs and cleared up and started making dinner. Obviously hadn't cleared as well as I thought as I then slipped (holding a handful of chopped mozzarella) and literally fell flat on my face. As I keep saying, I'm a big girl, and it was a big fall - but I did hang onto my mozzarella... however I have hurt my left foot, bruised my left knee, pulled all sorts of muscles in my right wrist and shoulder and my right hip is agony. It feels like it needs to 'click' but won't and I get a really sharp pain when I move it - although if I don't move I'm ok.
    So I've spent the past 4 hours sitting on the sofa, only moving to go to the toilet - but it's not getting easier. I feel awful - really sore pretty much all over. And I have to get up at 7am tomorrow for Alton Towers round 2. I just hope I can manage it because at the moment I can't walk that well - never mind 16000 steps a day :eek: I haven't even packed yet either so I desperately need to get on with that...
    Boo hiss - I feel like utter rubbish at the moment. I could use another day off to try and recover from a pretty traumatic 24 hours. I might feel better if I get on and do something.
    NST Just June
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    16.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ CCL.

That really is one hell of a chain of events! I really don't know what to say. I can't believe the fall OUCH! Can you have a bath? with epsom salts? Might help? and pain killers.

What rotten timing re Alton Towers mark two :(

Please take it easy! Anything you can do sitting down?
    Debt Free as of 26/07/19 (third time is the charm!)
    House Savings target 0/5000, H2B 3000/5400, General savings 700 a month
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do take pain killers, ccl - they'll help with the inflammation. Just a weird idea for your hip - try hanging off a door (maybe put a towel over the top as they can be quite rough) and hang there to stretch out your back?

Hope it all settles overnight x
    NST June; NSD 10; Ex 15; bagfuls (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • DawnWDawnW Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow CCL, hope you are ok tomorrow and have a better day!

• juliejimjuliejim Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you haven't done anything more serious than just bruising? Hope you're feeling better for tomorrow. If you end up struggling while you are at Alton Towers, it's not too far for me to come and rescue you.
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone - I’m fairly sure there’s nothing broken, but plenty of bruising and sprains. I don’t think there’s anything much I can do other than try and remain mobile... I’ve had some ibuprofen and done a couple of very gentle stretches. Haven’t tried the bath as I don’t fancy my chances of getting in and out. I have packed for tomorrow and put some leftovers in the freezer - I was going to have them for dinner but I’ve lost my appetite a bit. I can get about if I’m slow and very careful - but am keen to get to bed. I’ve taken my hay fever tablets (suspect that’s the cause of my nosebleed) and managed a quick shower. Not much else to do other than rest.
    NST Just June
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
  • juliejimjuliejim Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and congratulations on the weight loss!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you got any arnica?
    It will really help with the bruising.
    I swear by it. I have shower gel, cream , tablets.............

You could always get yourself a wee scotter at Alton Towers.
    I love buzzing about on one :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • FmessFmess Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Hugs ccl, I hope you wake up tomorrow with less aches and that you and bestie have a nice break together.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = [STRIKE]£13339[/STRIKE] (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80