Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning - Page 31

New Post Advanced Search

Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
2.1K replies 291.6K views

Replies

• crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey :)
    Just a quick check in because, 1. I’m on my phone and 2. I’m utterly knackered and ready to sleep.
    So far so good, but I’m out of practice with general fitness. My upper body is aching from yesterday’s exercise session, and my legs are sore from walking around Alton Towers all day - I’ve done over 16000 steps!
    It was really warm and sunny all day which has also really tired me out as well, plus the long drive so I’m using that as my excuse to go to bed before 9pm... the place we’re staying is amazing - all self contained, lovely hostess and I would definitely come here again - it’s amazing.
    More of the same tomorrow - apart from the long drive.
    NST Just June
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy :) xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, CCL, awesome step count! I'm also having to take my weight in hand again atm. As you know, I lost 6 stones between 2011 & 2013 and dropped from a size 26 to a 16. But since then, instead of losing another stone & a half as I planned, I've just re-gained & re-lost the same 2 stone......until being hit by the realisation that now I'm a funny age, I can't lose weight on the calorie intake I used to! So I've devised my own diet plan & using my Fitbit, I know that if I walk a minimum of 7000 steps each day, I will hit my 2000 a day calorie burn. As I am counting calories religiously, this puts everything (whether success or failure!) very much within my control. I was interested to hear about your trainer. I'm the opposite to you in that respect. I have to be accountable solely to myself as I'm not very good at being told what to do. I loathe formal exercise but I do enjoy going for walks, riding my bike & dancing to CDs.....plus lots of gardening, so I just stick to those. Anyway, I'm wishing you lots of luck with it. Your 16000 stepcount has certainly motivated me for today!
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £418 2019 = £227 2020= £53
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey :wave:
    Just checking in while the kids are on a ride. I’ve just been thinking about how we come here and I don’t go on anything - but I really enjoy seeing the kids enjoying themselves and me just sitting and relaxing. It’s a bit cooler and less sunny than yesterday so more pleasant. I’m quite tired and achey though that’s for sure.
    Foxgloves, you must have willpower of steel. I just always cheat myself, which is pointless I know, but I’m far more likely to be good if I’m accountable to someone...
    NST Just June
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try not to think of it as 'will power', Cat. If I was as steely as you suggest, I'd be at my goal weight instead of having spent the last few years gaining & losing the same chunk of flab! I find it helpful to replace the notion of willpower with 'choices'......as in, will this choice help me in what I want to achieve or hinder me? On not so positive days, I remind myself that I am still 4 stones & 9lbs lighter than when I started my big weight loss campaign in 2011. My eating habuts have changed too much now, I think, to pile the whole lot back on, but I do need to get back to the full 6 stones off that I originally lost. I felt so much more flexible & less achey.....but I'm a fair bit older than you (said the old crock, lol).
    Enjoy your hol. Every step counts!
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £418 2019 = £227 2020= £53
  • edited 10 August 2018 at 2:30PM
    crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2018 at 2:30PM
    I'm back! :hello:
    And slowly recovering before I do it all again next week. That seemed like such a good idea at the time when I planned it but now feels like it's going to be tough. If only I were slimmer and fitter, but I'm not so I've just got to get on with it and work on the slimmer and fitter thing. I did over 16000 steps on all 3 days we were there Foxgloves and I'm hoping for the same, but with less pain next week. It will be good for my fitness level, even if I haven't gotten up the courage to try and squeeze myself into a roller coaster seat.
    Got home last night about 7.30pm to a few things to do. The bathroom work turned out to be much more difficult than expected, and some pipework has had to be moved, as well as a bit of tiling etc. It's not brilliant but the best that could be done within my budget. I'm going to keep saving, once the debt is sorted, and get the man back to finish things off properly and make my bathroom lovely. At least I have fully functioning bathroom equipment now, and an intact floor. Phew. As a result though there was a fair amount of cleaning up to do (and don't forget I pay a cleaner!) - I had to hoover through, mop through and clean the bathroom. By the time I did that and unpacked it was after 9pm so I decided not to do anything other than have a cuppa and an early night.
    Slept fairly late again this morning, but gave in when one of the cats wouldn't take no for an answer at about 8am. Got the second round of washing on the go and decided to clear out one of my food cupboards while I was on the hunt for tomato puree. I really need to do that more often.
    Then I went to Mr M to fill the car with petrol and get some groceries in for over the weekend and before we go away again next week. Made lunch and I need to make sure that I get a couple more little jobs done this afternoon - the exam board are waiting for me to do some work for them and I'm a bit more motivated to sort it out while the memory of my spendy week is fresh in my mind. :p
    NST Just June
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    16000 steps three days running is really good, Cat. You can be proud of yourself for that. Great start to your new fitness campaign x
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves wrote: »
    16000 steps three days running is really good, Cat. You can be proud of yourself for that. Great start to your new fitness campaign x

Agree with this :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :coffee::hello:
    Well, I weighed in this morning at the request of my new trainer and am 3.5lbs down. It's a small step but it is a step in the right direction at least. It has motivated me to keep going - although there is still a significant way to go. I'm more pleased than if it had been 3.5lb up that's for sure :rotfl:
    Spent most of yesterday afternoon relaxing, which was a very welcome change from the previous few days. I spent about 4 hours catching up on work that needed to be done for the exam board and I'm all up to date with them, then I settled with my crochet and catch up tv that I'd missed while I was away.
    Today's plans are similar. I'm going to catch up with bestie - I haven't seen her for what feels like ages but is actually only 9 days... We are going to plan our trip away next week to ensure that we get the best value that we can. It will involve researching local facilities to the cottage we're staying in, and meal planning, and hopefully packed lunch planning as well. We'll have a coffee and a good catch up - probably followed by watching a box set on Netflix at hers. I have no work related stuff to think about :j so can just concentrate on me and the kids - happy days :T
    NST Just June
  • FmessFmess Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Well done on the 3.5lbs that!!!8217;s a fantastic loss, especially as you were away too!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = [STRIKE]£13339[/STRIKE] (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80