Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning :coffee:
    Well, I am at work. I would be lying if I said I was better, but I started to feel a bit better yesterday evening, and have managed an ok night of sleep (up a couple of times but not for hours as with previous nights). So obviously I have drugged myself up to the eyeballs and have come to work. It was a bit of an effort to get here, but I'm here nonetheless. Now just three lessons to get through and an early finish as I have an appointment with my solicitor later.
    Nothing much to report as yet. More money woes and stress but the entire focus at the moment is just on my physical health. I'll be back later.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the appointment goes well.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thinking of you and hope you have positive news to report from the solicitor. xx
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thinking about you and hoping you feel a bit better and things go well with the appointment. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A big well done for getting into work. Hope your lergy starts to turn a corner soon, & that there is progress with the solicitor.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Half past five in the evening and I'm already in my jammies with my feet up. I've maxed out my allowance of ibuprofen and co-codamol for the day and managed a lot of cough sweets as well. Survived the day which is the most important thing.
    Just about made it home in time for my solicitor's appointment. He seems much more hopeful than I do about next week. I won't go into detail here, because as you know there are eyes watching at certain times - but there is at least a plan now. I had a few tears but it's more due to the frustration of how long its taking and how much it's costing. I mean that appointment alone cost me over £80. Gah.
    Then, just to top it off, I got home to a letter from the lovely HMRC telling me I have underpaid tax for the second year in a row. This time, just shy of £1000. They will adjust my code again next year so I pay it back, but I think at some point soon I really need to consider some sort of savings to pay off tax. Clearly there's some issue going on with the fact that I have more than one job and sorting out what I should be paying. I think I'm too numb about my finances at the moment to stress about further debt. It's completely frustrating to me though.
    Tonight's plans... sleep.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Sick of being sick now - this is day 7. Still woke up a few times during the night either to cough or because I was drooling out of the side of my mouth. I am undoubtedly a lot better, but I'm fed up of feeling too tired to do anything much.
    Finances were very much at the front of my mind while I was awake during the night. I'm just juggling debt and shifting it from one place to another at the moment - it's still growing rather than getting smaller and I am not making enough of an effort to tackle it head on. So, I've shifted my CC over to 0% and really now need to work on throwing any spare pennies I have at it. Might get back into PAD mode so I can see some progress, no matter how small.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hot baths or showers, hot drinks, hot water bottles, and vicks on the soles of your feet at bedtime.

Good luck with Sol the solicitor, and Dog, and don't forget the half term holidays are coming.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Came home from work tonight via the shops. I had noticed this morning when I went to put my school shoes on, that the inner linings had worn away around the heels of both shoes. As they are only 6 weeks old I decided to return them. I'd paid £60 for a decent pair (K1ckers) and feel that they should be lasting longer than that. Anyway - got to the shop, girl looked at the shoes and promptly told me that I obviously 'walked too heavily' in them. Now I am a (very) big girl but I have also been wearing shoes for 40 odd years and have not yet noticed this phenomenon. So I just looked at her while she offered me a replacement and eventually a refund. I cannot understand it - the shoes are not fit for purpose - why try to blame the way I walk? So £60 refunded - I probably should buy another pair of school shoes but at the moment that cash feels better to go towards the card, or Christmas. Also posted back a dressing gown I'd bought for ds for Christmas but changed my mind about. Minus postage costs I'll get £14.50 back on that so I can find him something nicer.
    Got home, showered and am already in my pyjamas... ds has just arrived to tell me that he has found fleas on our bed. So at least one of the cats has brought something in. They've all been flea treated and the spray done in the bedroom. Ugh - I hate fleas!!!! I feel like I'm always doing it though - and it really isn't cheap to flea 7 of them but it is part of being a responsible pet owner.
    I really need to think about starting to sort stuff for my weekend away and maybe beginning to pack a few bits. I have (as always) made a list though, and it's only 2 nights as well so packing shouldn't be a massive job. I only need a change of clothes and my crochet kit. I just feel like I need so much more because of my inherently anxious nature. However, I am just sitting about feeling tired. I need half term SO much.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cheeky bisom :eek:
    Glad that you stuck to your guns.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure