Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,129 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What a day, CCL It is such a frustrating waste of time when technology refuses to do what it's supposed to do. . But you got through it. And I'm thinking that tomorrow has surely got to be a bit better. Even if you just don't have another idiot with a death wish trying to fry his own arm, even that would be an improvement. It sounds like all of that was outside your control. A night of relaxation defo needed now. F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds like a dire day :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    :eek: at the Y10 . What a day! Hope tomorrow is a lot easier.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope today is a better one!
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I really hope you're having a better day today CCL.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :wave:
    Well I am officially poorly. The voice got worse and worse and was disappearing for most of Thursday, had disintegrated to the point of it sounding like I was crying all day yesterday and has turned into a teeny little squeak today. Accompanied by a nasty chesty cough and sore, sore throat. I haven't had any time off work (yet) and I'm really hoping that if I spend a weekend indoors resting and relaxing then I'll be ok by Monday. I have a bit of a busy week ahead so need to be on top form if I can - solicitors appointment, hospital appointment for ds, preparing assessments and still 2 weeks until half term as well :cry:
    Obviously I got off to the best possible start of relaxing last night, by going out for tea with my sister and our youngest children, to my favourite place in town that were doing unlimited cocktails and a food platter for £20pp. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it's so homely there and the owner loves the kids as well - plus I was home and relaxing/sobering up before EastEnders even started. :D I don't think I'm hungover this morning but I'm definitely unwell - struggling with this cold/throat thing. I've cancelled plans to see bestie :cry: and intend to do lots of sleeping during the day - with hopefully a little walk out later on this afternoon, unless I really am too poorly. It's weird, even though I've had this voice thing and sore throat, this is the first day I've felt properly unwell (so I probably am hungover really) :rotfl:
    The kid with the scissors at school has been excluded for 5 days, pending permanent exclusion. He won't be permanently excluded, but hopefully it will send out the message about the severity of what he had done. I talked about it with the rest of the class during Thursday's lesson and I genuinely don't think that some of them understood that he had only been saved by some rubbish plastic handles on a pair of scissors... They were lovely to me during the lesson though and hadn't been a great class before so perhaps we've turned a bit of a corner there as well.
    Not much else to report. I cannot believe half term is still so far away. However, the priority this weekend is to rest if I possibly can.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope ypou are on the mend soon :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear, dh has the lurgy too. I am still dragging him away for 48 hours though. It will not stop him from working.
    Hope you feel better soon. Vicks on the soles of your feet and warm socks at bedtime. That is my best 'get rid of coughs' tip.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well it wasn't just a hangover that's for sure... I feel worse today than I did yesterday. My voice is starting to return, but I have a horrible chesty cough now that has kept me awake most of the night, and also challenges my pelvic muscles in every way possible. I am pretty dreadful and feeling very sorry for myself.
    However, I couldn't afford to bin off tutoring this morning so I've been and done that because I'm quite desperate for a bit of cash in my purse (still less than half way through the month :cry:). Went to Arseda on the way home to stock up on cough medicine, co-codamol, and ibuprofen lysine. In spite of it all being generic brand it was still £6.72 (so I can't really afford to be ill either if I'm honest). Anyway, they had their rotisserie chickens reduced so I spotted an opportunity for a quick but nutritious dinner for me and the kids. I have potatoes in, which are now roasting in the oven and loads of frozen veggies as well. Even found some Yorkshire puddings as well so I am at least reaping the benefits of freezing all my leftovers. Also filled up with petrol while I was out so that's one less thing to do during the week - although I am going away on Friday so will need to fill up then as well.
    So after lunch it will be an afternoon of resting, tv, snoozing and crochet if I can be bothered. I am trying not to think about work because I can't bear the thought of not being well enough to go in tomorrow. Any other teacher will tell you that it's more hassle being sick than it is just to drag yourself in... I have a couple of frees on a Monday so hopefully I'll get through it.
    I also need to finish the washing and put the rubbish out. Should probably cancel my cleaner but she hasn't been for a fortnight and I'm desperate for the house to be straightened out so I will find the money somewhere (tutoring cash). I have done the main bits of tidying and sorting but I cannot be bothered for the deep clean she does as I'm just too tired and unwell.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning CCL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure