We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :coffee: :hello:
    Tired, tired, tired. I have had my thyroid function checked trix-a-belle. It was a few years ago now but all came back clear - I had a scan and I have a swollen thyroid but the bloods were completely normal. The doctor came to the conclusion that I was tired due to stress and basically not looking after myself properly. Anxiety is properly exhausting mind you... that can tire me out for days.
    Had my observation. Couple of interruptions while the Head and Deputy Head were in there but I took it all in my stride. I wasn't sure how it had gone because it was a bit of a chalk and talk lesson but the feedback was fine. More than fine actually - it was really good. The Head was very complimentary about my subject knowledge and my relationship with the kids in the class, and said that I make a very difficult subject seem very straightforward. That means I'm doing my job properly so I am a happy bunny indeed. In fact, they had observed that they think I need a bigger whiteboard. As I've been asking for one for 2 years I'm really hoping that now they've noticed it I might actually get one.
    Survived the rest of a very busy day of teaching and am pleased to be home and relaxing for the first time in what feels like months. :rotfl: However, my legs are still painful - my knees are sore today. I just feel like I have no energy at all. Meh. Early night, no alcohol, repeat for a few days and hopefully I'll be back to normal.
    All remains quiet on the ex and legal issues. I still keep forgetting to call and make an appointment at my solicitors before the next court hearing but I'll do it tomorrow...
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    great news on the observation & definitely fingers crossed you get your bigger whiteboard!
    ok glad I wasn't reading too much in if its been investigated before, its a pesky thing that the nhs don't really seem to take that seriously considering how much it regulates so if all the things are there (i was definitely the pinnacle of inability to lose weight, lack of energy, stress, anxiety & depression, to the point of being unable to read a pre-written list and a meltdown in front of the dr) its something that's very much worth enquiring about.

have a lovely relaxing evening
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the observations :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I've made it to the weekend!!! :j I swear, the older I get the faster the weeks go by. I've already been back at work for a month - the summer seems like a dim and distant memory but I couldn't really say where the time has gone.
    My head of department was out today on a training course, so I was temporarily left in charge. Every time that happens I'm reminded why I never actually want to be the head of department - I'm useless at decision making and organising stuff. I had a couple of small issues to deal with and one bigger one. I'm fine in a crisis but not sure I could do it on a day to day basis as well as sorting curriculum and assessment and teaching. Ah well - Friday is a quiet(ish) day for teaching and I survived it all unscathed. Just the one thing passed higher up to the senior management to deal with (I think the excrement is about to hit the fan there and I really do not want to be involved with that at all). Rang my head of department to report back on the day and made a very quick getaway.
    Weather is awful here at the moment - took me ages to get home. Then dd wanted dropping at her friend's house. She's still there and I've promised that I would pick her up when she's ready to come home - I just hope it's not too late.
    Still eating up just stuff that's already in the house. For some reason I'm really hungry today - which is devastating after 5 good days of eating. However at the moment I'm motivated enough to talk myself out of falling off the wagon so I'll get through it. I've had some pasta leftovers from the freezer for tea so I really shouldn't be hungry.
    I slept loads better last night. Thank goodness. I'm still worn out (as always) but the new fluffy duvet has really helped both me and ds to sleep better. DS has been sleeping right through the night without waking, and I've only been waking up once or twice which is almost unheard of for me. I bought it because I loved it and I wanted something for the winter but it really seems to have helped us in some strange way. I'm actually thinking that I might buy a second one so that we can have fluffy covers every night over autumn and winter. I don't think it's frugal but I wonder what price you put on a good night's sleep? Actually as I'm typing I'm thinking that I could ask for it for Christmas from my mam. :D
    Right - I'm heading off. I'm a million miles behind with crochet and I really need to get on. Otherwise people are getting nothing at all with their chutneys for Christmas.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening CCL, is so good to hear of a lesson Ibs with a positive outcome, I can't actually remember what one of those is like!

Do you think it could be the weight of the duvet that's helping you sleep? I find being squished into the bed by heavy stuff more restful than light and fluffy. I guess that's why weighted blankets are so popular with some.

Have a great weekend. Happy birthday to DS for Sunday. Sleep well.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it the teddy bear duvet ? We changed last year to them - they are fantastic, we all love them
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on the observation...hope the whiteboard is forthcoming!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning :coffee: :wave:
    Apologies for lack of posts yesterday - things just got away from me a bit and I didn't get round to it. However, I feel almost raring to go after another decent sleep. It is a teddy bear duvet dawnybabes (had to google what they were) - so comfortable and fluffy. Do they work during the summer months then? I wondered if they would be too warm for a warm night... but ds is still definitely up there snoring his head off, so it's definitely going to be a go-er over the winter months.
    I was up early yesterday morning thanks to one of the cats who wanted to be out until she saw that it was raining and then wanted to be back in pretty much straight away. We had a busy day planned though so we were up and out for an early hairdressers appointment. Even though the appointment was half eight we were 40 minutes late getting in, which was a bit stressy as we'd arranged to meet bestie and her son for coffee at 10 for a birthday breakfast for ds. Anyway, she messaged at quarter to 10 to say that she was running late and did we want to pop to hers for coffee, but we were still in the hairdressers. She said she had to be out elsewhere at 1045 so we cancelled. DS was devastated so I said I would take him for breakfast at his favourite restaurant in town while we were there. Except once we got there it was fuller than I'd ever seen it with so spare tables. That was enough to tip him over the edge into tears bless him... I didn't want to wait so I bought some sausages at the butchers and said I'd do sandwiches for him at home, which cheered him up marginally (as did the fiver that our hairdresser slipped him for a birthday present which I only found out about when we got home).
    He was eating sausage buns and I rather unbelievably fell asleep on the sofa for 40 mins. Woke up and crocheted for a bit, then got a message from bestie saying she was home earlier than expected and did we want to pop over for an hour. DD didn't want to but ds and I went over - he was pleased to see his bestie too, and I always like a catch up and an adult to talk to. After that we went for our walk while the weather was nice. DS is back into Pok!mon go and wanted to go to the park to get some steps in and hunt there... we walked for about an hour and it was just beautiful out there last night. Then home for more crochet and a night in front of the telly.
    I've had another decent sleep. So much so that I have decided to bite the bullet and order another fluffy duvet set. Decided that I can't put a price on a good night's sleep.
    Today is ds birthday. He's just arrived downstairs as I'm typing this and has started opening his cards - how is my youngest baby 11 years old? It's pittling with rain, but we are going out for lunch later - his choice - an all you can eat buffet restaurant in Newcastle. Hopefully we'll get some steps in there because the weather isn't looking great today. Just need to get my tutoring done first - so I can pay for it :rotfl:
    Have a good day everyone.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely to hear you sounding so positive, CCL. Enjoy your soggy trip to Newcastle. I bet it will be worth it for your son's birthday meal. Have a great day.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:Happy Birthday to ds!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport