Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:
    Well the last science exam has just finished and our Year 11 are officially on their way to the next thing in their lives. I liked this year group and I'll miss them - just have to look forward to Prom now. I get a couple of extra hours of free time at school now and I already have lots to do to fill that up. However, the marking load will ramp up substantially. One more month to go then that will be it for another year - and the long wait into August.
    There has been no word on ex - not from him, police, hospital or anyone else. My solicitor replied to my email saying it will be difficult to serve papers on him if we don't know where he is so this could lead to further delays (and obviously the associated expense that comes with it). Still feel like crying if I think about it for too long - so I won't. Withregards to joint finances - there is only the mortgage - which is what we are currently going to court over, so until that's done then we're stuck together whether I like it or not (and I don't). But I know I'm doing everything that I can to make sure I do it right and do it efficiently.
    DD gets back from France today - I've missed her and am looking forward to seeing her. I expect she's starving as she's really hated the food over there. Hope that she's managed to enjoy some of the other stuff though (and even more hopeful that she might bring me some money back...)
    Right, I'm going to make a start then.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's just infuriating, CCL. Very difficult to get the necessary closure with the legal stuff dragging on. Where the debt is concerned, I think all you can do is damage limitation.....as in work on the aspects which are within your control, like grocery budget, not frittering on avoidable purchases, keeping bills down. There's a fair bit here, money wise, which just isn't within your control. I hate situations I have no control over & I do feel for you. I think your ex is pretty much out of options, so I can't imagine what he thinks he will gain by not engaging with the legal process at this stage, even if just to recover a shred of self-respect. What a nightmare situation.
    X
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    My solicitor replied to my email saying it will be difficult to serve papers on him if we don't know where he is so this could lead to further delays (and obviously the associated expense that comes with it).

Well in that case, a custodial sentence would be the best all round outcome. Blimey that sounds harsh, even for me!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Quick check in as I'm way too busy with exam stuff to even think about a proper update.
    However, got a phone call from bestie while I was out this morning saying ex had just been outside her house in a car - drove away when she saw him. !!!!!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Where on earth did he get the car.
    This is worrying about the car & him stalking someone you know :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Where on earth did he get the car.
    This is worrying about the car & him stalking someone you know :(

i'd guess its still the hire car that he shouldn't have beanie, & hes actually looking for CCL/the kids (knows their frequent patterns?)

don't fret hun, crack on with the exam stuff, I wish I had your dedication to get my deadlines done xx
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Could you let the police know and get your bestie to update them too?

I just wanted to say that I`ve read most of the thread and am totally in awe of how you are coping with everything.

I also wanted to let you know that my aunt passed on some great advice when I was going through my divorce in that you can contact your union and they will put through to an advice line when you need legal advice and it`s free. HTH.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    You are amazing really CCL.

I do think you should inform the police tho.

sending you love XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    edited 15 June 2019 at 11:15PM
    Options
    There's been no sign of him at all - I went to bestie's this afternoon for a quick coffee and catch up and she said he looks like a tramp. It will still be the hire car I assume, just thought that the police might have caught up with him by now. I could report it, but it's a bit useless now - hours after the event. It is all a bit unnerving though - my bestie lives in a cul-de-sac so he really had no excuse to be there at all. It's not a place he would be driving by.
    I've worked really hard all night with exam stuff and am still less than half way through the to-do list. But I have very few plans for tomorrow other than a quick visit to my dad and being paranoid about what might be going on with ex so randomly checking outside every hour or so. I can't believe that he turned up at her house like that.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It does suck that he is being such a prat. I really hope the police found him and he is arrested for essentially nicking the hire car...
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport