Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the pending payment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon CCL. Enjoy the pudding!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello!
    Just a really quick check in to report that I'm still here, just busy as I predicted. I'm just having a little break from marking as I've started making a few silly mistakes so I think it must be time.
    It's been fairly non stop over the past 4 days and I still have quite a lot to do. I'm going to do another hour tonight then head off to bed and hopefully get up refreshed tomorrow.
    Not much else to report. Finances are tight this month already, but at least I know up front - and the exam cash won't be too long in arriving so I know I have a little buffer coming.
    The half term feels as though its flown over - back to school in a couple of days. So important to get as much as I can done now. :)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep on going CCL! Shaking my pom poms from the sidelines, it is no help whatsoever, but adds a little sparkle.
    Only six weeks to go until the long summer holiday.
    You have got this.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :hello:
    I can't believe I'm down to a weekly check in at the moment :cry: but I am genuinely very busy. I'm juggling the marking of three papers at the moment, so not many spare minutes in the day, plus since I last checked in I've done four full days at work and 2 in London. It's all go but I feel as though I'm making progress and starting to get somewhere with it all. One of the papers is almost done, and one is over half way through. The third started today and the last one is a fortnight today. Then I can hopefully sit back and watch the cash flowing in.
    As you can imagine, between work and exams there hasn't been much time for anything else. Just me and kids and cats... and a longing for a good night of sleep, which seems to elude me at the moment. I know I'm very tired because even if I sleep a long time I wake up feeling tired. It's probably just because I'm not getting a lot of down time. Thankfully the kids have been pretty good at looking after themselves, and ds has made my dinner for me this evening - bless him. Chicken burger and chips, and I'm totally stuffed now. Just time for a couple of hours of marking before bed and then work tomorrow. Another week begins.
    DD is on her way to France on a school trip. I already feel a bit lost without her and she's only been gone 6 hours. It's the first time she's been away without me - feels different to when I'm away without her. She was really excited so I hope that all is going well so far.
    I heard from the ex today for the first time in goodness knows how long (I reckon about 3 months). At least I know he's still alive. It was a very short message basically saying that he hated what was happening and hadn't meant any of it, and could he please arrange to see the kids briefly today. I mesaged him back to say that dd was away but I was happy to bring ds to meet him somewhere if he wanted, but he hasn't replied. Good job I didn't mention anything to the kids about hearing from him - hopefully once dd is back we can arrange something.
    Right then - I need to be getting back on with marking. I'll check in again soon. :)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pom pom waving from up here too - you're doing so well. DD will have an amazing time - I remember when DS1 went - they were busy all the time, and he still talks about the food three years later!
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Still shaking those pom poms!

Go you!
    5 weeks til freedom!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you manage to find some time and space to breathe. Poor show from ex to now follow up with you, but it's come to be expected unfortunately. Just keep on keeping on CCL!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Well, I did hear back from ex - but 1. it was too late to do anything about it and 2. I wouldn't have allowed him to see the kids anyway after I read his message. There's obviously quite a bit more to the story that I don't know but in summary he has no home, no job and no money. He's also had his driving license revoked and is currently 'living' in a hire car that he can't pay for and stealing petrol to drive about on a license he doesn't have. He says he has no idea what will happen next. Me neither to be fair - I can't see what the outcome of this situation will be. He seems full of regret and remorse at the moment, but obviously he would be now he's out of options and behaving in this manner. I have sensibly (I think) told him that this behaviour simply cannot go on for ever and that he needs to turn up at the police, a hospital or the council and ask for help. But definitely not me (just in case anyone was thinking I might be temporarily insane). He's broken a lot of laws, but none of them particularly serious and now he is going to know the true meaning of being in debt and realising how much it actually costs to live. I just wonder what next? Will he be on the streets? Will he ask for help? As long as he doesn't think (again) that he can come back here. I really do feel for him, but ultimately it's his own behaviour that has gotten him into this mess and only him that can do anything about it.
    He ignored everything I said and I asked and told me that his ex landlord had had the house completely emptied and professionally cleaned while he was in hospital and that there had been some heroin addicts living in the room above him complete with erratic behaviour and machetes. Again - relieved I never allowed the kids to go there. I told him again to present himself at a police station or hospital and haven't heard anything since. However, I will continue to be a bit broken record if he contacts me again and tell him to ask someone else for help who isn't me.
    Didn't do any exam marking last night - I had a migraine by the time I got home. First in months. So I did a couple of hours of essential admin then was in bed watching Chernobyl before 9pm. I woke up at quarter to three and really struggled to get back to sleep again, so am feeling rough again today but I have stuff to do. Double exam marking plus I need to take 2 cats to the vets tonight for jabs.
    So I'd best get on and do something.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh bless you, you are so strong and it's obvious that it's taking a toll on you which is completely understandable. I wish there was something useful that I could say or do to help, but all I can do is back you up with your admirable stance. Lots of hugs with those children this evening x
    '
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family