Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow. When you feel nervous, imagine how many of us are rooting for you, sending positive vibes and wishing for the best outcome for you. That’s all the regular posters, intermittent ones like me - but we’re always reading - and then there must be at least a 1000 more or even 10,000 or even....:shocked: all supporting you. Have a dodgy hug from me on behalf of everyone :grouphug:
    well said!! Good luck with today CCL.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Good luck for today :)
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope everything went as you wanted it to today. ((((hugs))))X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope everything went ok x
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hoping no news is good news.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    I'm really overwhelmed by all of the kind words and messages you've all left me. Thank you so much - it really means a lot...
    Unfortunately, there's not a lot of progress to report - except another massive spend and another delay. Obviously the ex didn't turn up to the hearing, nor did any legal representation - so it was just me, my solicitor and the judge. Scary, but all over in less than 10 minutes. As ex is currently undergoing psychiatric care the judge decided that we couldn't do anything short term. He has deferred the decision on the costs order, but will issue an order that ex has 28 days to submit his financial documents to the court or face a penalty of some sort. We have to have another hearing in about 6 weeks time to discuss the outcome (if there is one), so I'm another £1600 lighter and still waiting. I could actually cry. It felt like a massive waste of time and money to be absolutely no further forward.
    Deep breaths... this too shall pass.
    But I got an afternoon out of work on a beautiful day, in a beautiful city - and it turns out my solicitor is quite funny (as we had half an hour to chat and fill the time in). So some good stuff.
    Unsurprisingly I didn't sleep well last night and I am now quite exhausted so another early night on the cards.
    Small spend on car parking at court but other than that - nothing else.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've not made any progress and it's cost you even more money. Are any of these costs recoverable from oh either in cash or a reduced settlement that you have to give him eventually?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ex currently owes me almost £2.5k and I am applying for him to cover these costs as well as it wouldn't be happening if he would engage with what's going on. The reality is that I'm unlikely to ever see that money from him so my solicitor is using it to negotiate with the settlement etc.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well with any luck you'll get it back by not having to give him as much.
    Seems so unfair that all the burden of this is on you. As for OH it must be nice to totally bury his head in the sand and plead that he can't cope..... I think most people would be able to say, with honest truth, that they can't cope (including you) but you're not given the choice! (((hugs))) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,459 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry that things have not moved forward :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure