Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    WEll at least you know where the English patient is.
    Sorry that the last couple of days have been seriously dire :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :eek: to the fire, especially at exam time.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    What a week you've had! Hope you can get some proper down time at the weekend.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry it's been stressful again cat and causing you lack of sleep. Hope you slept better last night. Just 1 more week until half term. Keep going, you're amazing.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Urgh, well does that mean you have to cancel the court hearing thingie next week, or does it just go on in his self imposed absence?
    Sounds harsh I know, but to me it sounds like he does not want to face the reality of court, and so has gone on a bender.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey CCL,

A very busy few days for you and I don't blame you for struggling to switch off. I would think most people would be the same, so don't beat yourself up about it. Hopefully now the exams out of the way, you know where ex is and you've the weekend ahead, you can find some 'you' time to relax and get a decent 40 winks under your belt too.

Take care.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CCL this week at work sounds horrendous.
    Good news to hear OH is seeking professional help, one less thing for you to worry about.

I'm glad the children were supportive.

Would writing it all out in detail help shift it from your brain and allow you to get some sleep? Some times I find this helpful.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It feels like some people weren't told what they wanted to hear so they went on and on and on until they got their own way.
    That's the way with some people, isn't it? They think if they shout loud and long enough they'll get what they want. Maybe taking a step back from that situation is the right thing to do at this moment in time. You have a lot of other things to deal with just now.

As for the Ex. At least you know where he is and that he's being taken care of.

It's easy for me to say put it all out of your mind and try not to worry but please try to find some time just for yourself.

Hope things get better for you.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A fraught time for you, CCL. Just you keep on concentrating on the bits you have control over, & try not to dwell too much on the rest of it. And remember that you will be able to keep going better if you manage to eat the occasional nutrient - I know how wobbly & tired I get when I take my eye off the ball with my eating habits.
    Hope GCSE season all goes ok......just been reading a story in the news today about a private school which has taught the wrong book for English Lit GCSE & only discovered this on seeing the exam paper - ouch!!
    Take care, & keep on b*ggering on (as I think Churchill said).
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hugs, ccl. Hope you get to relax at the weekend, and see bestie and your mam?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure