Being called frugal is the best compliment

Options

Comments

• Dorisd
    Dorisd Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 September 2021 at 7:51PM
    Options
    Working on handover notes for my role the more I list the more I realise just how extensive my role is 🤨. It turns out that my tasks and duties will be spilt between 2 other members of staff. Can’t wait to get out of there.
    Need to bank some cash tomorrow to add to savings and pay off some BNPL one V@ry. Also hopefully have a market place sale but people seem quite flaky and don’t turn up. 
    I seem to be the only one in the household who is well as DH, DD, mum and dad have all had health issues. 
    Looking forward to the weekend of cleaning, organising and planning for the future. Also a few more job applications submitted.
    🎊Debt Free 8 Jan 2022[/center]🎉
    Language Learners Chat- Portuguese
  • TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could always do a bit of temporary work for a while to tide you over. Something totally different from what you do as a profession. I always think that would be quite therapeutic.
  • Dorisd
    Options
    TheAble said:
    You could always do a bit of temporary work for a while to tide you over. Something totally different from what you do as a profession. I always think that would be quite therapeutic.
    I have sent my CV over to a company that is offering part time work in a completely different field .
    I had thought I was doing the decent thing by drawing up proper handover notes and instructions, only to find out that 3 people will be taking over my duties and they will be getting a raise! I don’t begrudge them more pay, but it’s only supposed to temporary until they can recruit someone which may or may not happen now!🤔
    Bosses are also now trying to play silly beggars with me by saying that they didn’t agree to my leaving package (I have the emails saying they did) and will only pay me in lieu of notice🤬

• Dorisd
    Options
    Well I am officially unemployed! Such a weight off my shoulders and I feel better all round for not being there.
    Not really worrying at the moment as I have savings and have worked out a budget for the next 6 months if I don't find anything. I have applied for a few jobs and even had an interview, which although I was not offered the job, boosted my confidence and helped prepare me for any future ones.
    So to keep myself occupied and productive I have worked out a meal plan for the next month, listed some items for sale (already got 1 sale :smile: and bought 2 Christmas presents.
    I have also have a list of jobs to do around the house and am trying to get into a routine so I don't fall into a slump.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck for the future. MH needs to be nurtured. Keep applying for roles - sometimes it's a numbers game
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Dorisd
    Options
    Good luck for the future. MH needs to be nurtured. Keep applying for roles - sometimes it's a numbers game
    Thank you savingholmes for your words of encouragement. Fell a lot brighter this morning, got up early, went for a run, completed some surveys and then received a call from a recruiter for a temp position I applied for last night.
    Its a step down in salary and position, but its in the sector I would like to work in again. So the way I see it, this is my opportunity to get my foot back in the door.
    Need to shower, get my sale packed up and sent off and give kitchen a tidy. I might look at Flylady again to get some ideas. I always to too much and run out of steam!
    Sun is also shining here and the mood is positive :smiley: 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like the sun is shining in more ways than one. Hope you get a positive role soon. Perhaps make a list of everything you are looking for in your new role and why - your brain will unconsciously look / it will be easier to recognise when it comes up. Sometimes you have to create the role you want once you're in. I've done both methods successfully.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Dorisd
    Options
    A friend has told me about a job vacancy at her workplace. I am tempted to take it to get some income coming in and I can use my settlement money to pay off the remaining debt. It would mean we could start 2022 debt free! Its not a high paying role, but its something I have a lot of experience in and its close to home so I wouldn't need to worry about travel costs. I would then have breathing space to focus in on what I want to do long term.
    Oh the thought of being debt free, starting the new year knowing all the we earn we can keep, to save and plan for house buying and boosting our pensions. Knowing we have a brighter future without out the debt and the reminder of our silly decisions hanging around our necks gone, may be we can start living?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Dorisd
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Run first thing this morning also popped into L!dl for milk, picked up a couple of sheets masks for only 79p each. 
    I refuelled after run with a shake, then shower, hair wash and shave. I’ve used one the sheet masks as my skin always starts to feel very dry and sore coming into the autumn season. I can recommend the moisturising and relaxing one. Given DD the other one to try which is hydrating and refreshing.
    MSE things for today is going to family for dinner. Only spent £3.30 in L!dl.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport