PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd April 2018

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Prescription collected
    Letters posted
    Food bought
    Lunch salad roll eaten
    Cat next to me, to make sure he does not 'vanish' before his trip to the vets!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • kazwookie
    Options
    Folks, very quite around here, I hope you are all ok

Dinner done
    DW on
    Bins cleaned
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally sat down. We left home at stupid o'clock for the long round trip to the hospital for DD. Thankfully the visit was successful, so I'm hoping that might see the end to the sleepless nights of late until the next appointment. When we got back, DH went back to work and I took full advantage of a day off work and NO RAIN! I spent a couple of hours at the allotment, came home, cooked dinner, tidied the kitchen, then back into the garden to plant some of the plants salvaged from DFiL's garden. Oh and a couple of loads through the wm, and dried outside, and a pile of ironing done. If I don't sleep tonight, there will be trouble.

Glad Benny Bunny is on the mend.

It occurs to me that I haven't even looked at the lists today :o
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Busy day, but all was successful. Which makes a bleedin' change. Wasn't impressed by the attitude that 'nobody asked' me to work overtime, though. They'd have been pretty upset had I not, as the main job of the day would have completely failed and would have had permanent negative effects upon both work and the kids concerned. But even if they'd have said 'no' at the time I was left to make the decision, I'd have still stayed because of the inevitable consequences had I simply downed tools and walked away at 5pm precisely.

Himself has had his working dates confirmed - he's got almost full time for a month. Which isn't bad as a start (and will give him a recent reference). Also has a chance at something vaguely similar to his old job, but in a better place - no guarantees, but he has a chance, nonetheless.

There's also a possibility I'll have some extra work during the summer - outside education, more development and PR.

House still no worse than it was when Himself got back. He's even doing his own washing in batches - as evidenced by the Idiot Cat currently sleeping in his bag now there's some room in there.

Good food for dinner again, too.

And now I'm off to bed. Night, all.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

It's dull and wet outside, but at least it's Friday. Although I can't believe it's May next week.

It's a full on day at work today, but hopefully DD and I will have a movie night this evening. She's been studying so hard that she needs the evening off just to chill.

Back later, have a lovely Friday everyone. X
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

I have been reading along and doing plenty of flying, just haven't posted as feeling so sad didn't want my sadness to rub off on you all.

I will be spending the weekend at the hospital that grandma has been admitted to, so lots of flying ahead today. WM is already on, DW has been unloaded and hoovering the stairs is the next plan. Kiddies eating breakfast watching TV.

Huge hugs to you all xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't caught up but I will in a bit. My life and the kittens are manic but that's okay. The only thing they've broken so far is my lovely Tower of London poppy and I should mind a lot more than I do.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    Options
    HB while not the best but can you super glue the poppy back together?

Daily stuff done
    Bread and milk bought
    4 more items of interest listed on eby
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. Hope you're all ok.

Before the paid stuff I did all the dailies and one dog walk. In between shifts now so I'll get a chicken in the oven, get stuff ready for function tonight and look at the list.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    Options
    Sent OH to Lidl for cheaper cheese and bread.. off to cheapy frozen food shop to fill the freezer in a mo.. so of course someone turned the rain on!!

I need to finish sorting the gubbins I started yesterday in the girls room and maybe have a sort through one toy unit.. I am considering sending all the unplayed with dolls and stuff to school.. I'm sure they must go through dozens of them and we have about 10 unplayed with .. Baby toys though.. what do you do with those? I think I ebayed them as a bundle before and ended up out of pocket once fees and postage had been done.. I think I might just CS them tbh..

urgh... rain....

TD on to finish off OH's work trousers for tonight.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts