PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd April 2018

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I really am dreading tomorrow :o

(((Hugs))) Just that fact means it's quite likely that you could do with some help, and sooner rather than later. I left it until much, much too late, thinking I should be able to cope just because they were my parents. I was so totally out of my depth. With hindsight, I wish someone had stepped in and told me I was, because I didn't realise. All I knew was that I felt dreadful all the time.
    I am no longer overweight!

It's official , BMI of 24.99 today!!

Woo hoo! Huge congratulations on being so self disciplined and determined. I haven't lost an ounce (I've put on a pound) and I've got 5kgs to go, so I know just how much self-discipline it takes. Good for you.
    Quickly reporting a loss of a further 2lb, so 10 stone 4lb now. To say I was 12 stone 11lb when I started I am very chuffed!

A hard day ahead. Flylady positive vibes if anyone has any spare please.

And ditto to you, ATB, for the weightloss and (((hugs))) and *posi-vibes* for today.

Kittens fed and played with, Kelpie trundled, medicated and Konged, pots shoved back in the right place on the sundeck. I'm going to tackle the steps today, heave out the crud in pots in the yard and plant up several emptied, washed and clean pots. The house isn't look toooooo bad and whatever needs doing will wait until the rain starts again, anyway.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pleased with myself because

- I have S&S'd the kitchen and bathroom, pulled our bed straight and opened the curtains in the LR
    - I have earmarked some cobwebs for removal at the end of the week ;)
    - I have been to weigh-in and lost the 2.5 lb that I had put on last week, so going the right way again :D
    - I have only about 1,000 more words to write for my essay and have a fair idea of what I am going to say :) However, I am out at college from 4.00 - 10.00 today, and having been woken at 5.15 this morning by chirruping birds, I may need a few zzz after lunch to ensure that I don't fall asleep during the evening lecture - it would be so embarrassing with only 8 of us in the group for this module!

Thinking of you, froddy and atb - (((hugs))) to you both xx

Well done on your weight loss atb :T et mes f!licitations pour ton amaigrissement, Mademoiselle :T
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,042 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone

Just a quick log in at work again to update my signature - 2 more pounds decluttered woot woot.

My brief foray chez flylady last week prompted a bimble or two including 8 loads of washing washed over the weekend!!! And yet Mount Washmore still looms large.

Hoping to replace the laptop at the weekend - then I'll be back :-)

Love, hugs, sticks, and spoons being sent out to you all.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 2:39PM
    Options
    well done to the slinkies!! I've lost 28.5lb so far (since 17th Jan .. 50lb to go!).. AF playing hard this month so hopefully a better loss next week. I have discovered bones.. and my jumper is literally hanging off me.. and my winter coat which was bursting at the seams is rather big now.. it was a size bigger than my clothes anyway, I like to be able to fit an extra jumper under when it is cold.. I can now fit 4 under it!! Some of my old jeans fit me too.. another 2lb and I will be overweight rather than obese!! it is my next mini-goal.

2 nails fixed
    WM and DW and TD both done..
    Twinkle napped
    I am now going to leave her in the capable hands of Bing and Flop and go fold 1000 piles of washing.

5000+ steps done of my daily goal of 10,000

Might need a cuppa or 7 too..

Darth Hip was extra painful last night so I took drugs and went to bed at 10:30.. I thought I'd lay there and wait for OH to get home.... I was apparently snoring like a train when he got home.. lol.. as I result I was up at 6..

so.. cuppa... folding.. DW.. hang up wet washing.. put away paired socks.. I have a whole laundry basket full!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Big congratulations to all you successful slinkies! :T:T. I am not including myself in that, as it is definitely a case of 'could do better'. As she eats a slice of bread and butter...

Lots of ((hugs)) to Froddington and to ATB. Xx

Half a day (the long half, it would appear) done at work. It was a swapped day as I have to take DD for a hospital appointment in the city later in the week. I got back home, changed, and went straight back out to the allotment to finish potato planting. As I opened the allotment gate, it started blowing a gale and raining. I don't think that I have ever planted 3 rows of potatoes so fast! Only the thought that the exercise must help in some way kept me from giving up. Having a cuppa now, then on to the lists. WM is on , and the ironing pile was cleared before I went to work. Baby steps.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((HUGS))) and posivibes to Froddy and atb.

Workmen are now all over the front lawn. :(With machinery. :( Not a damn thing I can do about it. :( I have left the bedroom and spare room curtains drawn (these rooms look out onto the front) as they are just too close to the bungalow for my comfort, and I don't want them to be able to see in. Not that I have anything untoward in there (unless you count my altar), it's just a matter of I like my privacy.

Trip into town achieved (the workmen got TOLD to move their stuff so that we could get out of the drive - I will brook no nonsense regarding access) - Cheque for £1500 from HMRC for Mr LW banked :money: F&V shop done, water filters for Br!ta jug bought (with Luv2Shop vouchers, mostly), @ldi shop done.

Staying home tomorrow; it'll be exactly 3 yrs since some w**ker wrote off our car, and call me superstitious, but I am NOT getting in the car tomorrow.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done Mademesoille on getting your BMI down :D
    Huge hugs ATB, please look after yourself too. I know how good the flyladies have been to me while Dave is going through his cancer treatment at the moment, just knowing you are all there helps. As I am sure it will be the same for you ATB. Postive vibes to your granny hon xxx
    Froddy hope everything was okay today..hugs xx

Blimey Piggers I remember when you lost your kitchen, it seems an absolute age ago now. But I remember the horrendous time you had without everything..

For the rest of the members on here if you do line your grill pan with foil, please make sure you dispose of it after usage. We don't want anymore fires...please be careful and safe!!
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,809 Forumite
    Options
    I am no longer overweight!

It's official , BMI of 24.99 today!!

Wooty woooty woot woot:T:T:T:T
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Options
    Quickly reporting a loss of a further 2lb, so 10 stone 4lb now. To say I was 12 stone 11lb when I started I am very chuffed!

Wooty wooty woot woot:T:T:T:T
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Options
    Benny is eating carrot...started off with carrot peelings, then did carrot shavings this morning; just done grated carrot...

(peelings = just skin; shavings = keep going peeling even when peeled; grated = CBA to peel)

am so pleased...

and the Valli memory means that we found the script we needed so I am most pleased...

*glosses over non-slinky behaviour*

phones at work are broken. Peaceful day in the school office. (temp job...) which is needed as there aren't enough hours in the day. However the Valli philosophy...in 50 years we will all be dead and none of it will have mattered...means I dont give a flying you-know-what.

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family