TSB planned outage

Options

Comments

• lazer-zxr
    lazer-zxr Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    .... also, something else I forgot ..... they insisited that to avoid the charge, I could try online again .... to which I said I'd been trying for days ..... then, they said..... --->>>

"Maybe if you used the Banks Wifi ... it might be better".

... Yeah, because wifi is the issue here.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I could have sworn there was a "make complaint" button yesterday that's notable by its abscence today.

It's been replaced by a "Click here for FREE cash" button. :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mr S has been able to access our accounts. Looks like part of the problem may be that everyone is trying to get on the system at the same time - and the system is crashing because it can't cope with everyone trying to get on the system at the same time.

Another reason for not having all of your (financial) eggs in one basket though. Even just a little in another account could tide you over when something like this happens.
  • lazer-zxr
    lazer-zxr Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    If you have any energy left, write to the CEO, Mr. Paul Pester on ceooffice at tsb.co.uk

He'll no doubt already be swamped with complaints but he should be aware that there is a serious problem with Customer Service, on top of the IT issues

Thanks, I've sent an email.
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2018 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Still not got my switching incentive. Just tried phoning again and was told I have to wait until the 27th. They confirmed I was eligible.

Wrong thread, please ignore. Meant to be under Natwest switch.
  • Skippy13
    Skippy13 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not everyone has the money to keep something in two accounts though. Up until recently I was hand to mouth so there!!!8217;s no way I ever had any spare money.
  • Chudsey
    Options
    I haven't been able to login at all since Friday 6pm. Everytime a media outlet says its "fixed", I try and it just doesnt work.
    My current account has been completely deleted, along with the money that was in there. All savings accounts showing as a £0 balance. At least £1500 of my money has just disappeared.

Waited for 1hr 55mins on hold yesterday (Tues 24th), to be told that they didn't know an ETA. At one stage, the staff member said she wasn't sure if this can even be fixed.
    I tried to phone again this morning, got connected then the phone line went dead mid-conversation. Tried to ring back and now its just constantly engaged.

We have no cash, no petrol, no electricity, running out of food. And TSB just said "Sorry, we're working on it"
    What am I supposed to do with regards to food, electric, petrol? I live in a rural village and rely heavily on internet banking, as our nearest branch is 30 miles away. I'm also a full time carer at home, and I haven't been able to carry out those caring duties as I have no cash!
    I made allowances for the weekend, I took cash out to last me the weekend. Didn't realise that this was going to be delayed by 72 hours, with no end in sight!!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,167 Forumite
    Options
    Chudsey wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do with regards to food, electric, petrol?
    Not wishing to inflame here (or defend TSB!) but is your debit card being declined every time?
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,037 Forumite
    Options
    !!!8220; What am I supposed to do with regards to food, electric, petrol?
    Originally posted by Chudsey

An emergency credit card for when this happens - or you lose/damage your debit card?
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I just managed to log on. Managed to view my account details at the second attempt. Tried to return to the home page after checking account 1. Get "page not found"

Tried clicking on "back to your account". Get "Page not found".

Tried clicking on "Log Out". You guessed it. "Page not found".

The "path" at the top of the page shows my name, and I'm securely logged in. But I can't do anything. I can't see anything. And I cant log out!

So their system might now be up and running but it's not fit for purpose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure