TSB planned outage

Options

Comments

• Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wasn't defending TSB at all, I just think that it's a waste of time complaining (I reckon they know they got a problem) and if anyone has lost out and TSB don't compensate then that's the time to complain/leave.
    I have 3 accounts with them and I admit I'm not trying to pay bills or do transfers etc, but until I know I've lost out there is little point in complaining
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone defending TSB as such as it's undeniable that it's a complete mess, but it's not a simple binary for or against situation, it's perfectly possible to challenge some of the more extreme or ignorant statements being made by (rightly) unhappy posters without actually defending the bank!

To be fair i have seen people partly blame customers for this debacle but i don't want to rehash old discussions that really make no difference to how TSB are going to resolve this.

I still can't log in via either the app or online i've been trying since 7am with either an error message when i attempt to try or saying they are restricting online access to customers please try later.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Were you able to do anything ie bank transfer amend a payment etc ?

I think if your just looking at your account balance DD payments in and out transfers it looks to be fine actually doing anything meaningful thats when the problems start.

No, when I tried to see a statement from one account the site froze so I logged out.

I'm only anxious as I've a new car to pay for tomorrow and want to use my debit card. I've loaded another bank's current account with the sum involved as a back up.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    To be fair i have seen people partly blame customers for this debacle but i don't want to rehash old discussions that really make no difference to how TSB are going to resolve this.
    My recollection is that someone pointed out that higher than usual volumes of people trying to access TSB systems was causing congestion - if that's what you're referring to then it's clearly not blaming customers or defending TSB (as it's their responsibility to have enough capacity to cope) but simply observing a factor likely to be delaying the recovery....
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    'We're limiting access...' - TSB euphemism for 'It's still not working...'
  • older_wiser
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    My recollection is that someone pointed out that higher than usual volumes of people trying to access TSB systems was causing congestion - if that's what you're referring to then it's clearly not blaming customers or defending TSB (as it's their responsibility to have enough capacity to cope) but simply observing a factor likely to be delaying the recovery....

I don't really want to rehash old debates as it doesn't help the situation lol but if you take a system offline for 50 hrs you expect a surge in demand when that is supposed to be over.

Its not the customer whose at fault for trying to use a service its TSB for not anticipating that surge and getting ready for it.

I think were almost on the same wavelength with this TSB debacle i just come at it from a different angle.

i understand why some people like to play be fair to banks and point out problems they face and i do feel sorry for staff but its the customers that are getting the most aggravation from this system failure.

Thats the last time i'll mention this and apologies to other posters for rehashing old discussions.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I can now access the login page but keeps telling me the login details are incorrect but nothing has changed. I tried to rectify online but comes up with out of date telephone numbers for me.

I tried to ring but the wait time is 30 minutes.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I could have sworn there was a "make complaint" button yesterday that's notable by its abscence today.

Try

https://www2.tsb.co.uk/help/complaint-form/

HTHs.
  • lazer-zxr
    lazer-zxr Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 25 April 2018 at 12:03PM
    Options
    At the branch. Queue Out the door. 2 out of 4 cashier positions open.
  • older_wiser
    Options
    Just tried to do an online bank transfer yet again it was unsuccessful

it actually went to the fast payment swirls but it came back saying it was unsuccessful it didn't give any reason just to try again or contact them on the phone.

I'm actually making notes when i attempt to do things and the errors that appear now as this is now getting beyond parody with the number of times i've tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure