272 replies 16K views

Replies

• edited 14 August 2018 at 8:04PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 August 2018 at 8:04PM
    I like that: ''we don't issue PCNs when you have input a digit or two wrong''.

But they do:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5881944

How does 2 digits make any difference than, say 3 digits, and how will they prove that the error was not simply a 'sticky key' keypad failure or system error, far MORE likely an occurrence with this crap old machinery, than a driver getting three or more digits wrong or missing them off altogether.

Was it that person in the linked thread above who wanted to see it?

If not, please reply on their thread to point them in the right direction (I've had enough of spoon feeding for today...to people who could find what they need in seconds if they simply read all the day's posts and the sticky thread, before starting a thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pjr1525Pjr1525 Forumite
    148 posts
    Many thanks coupon mad. Surely the the ridiculous statement that they allow 2 but not 3 digits should be enough to kill the case stone dead! We'll see. Regards.
    148 posts
    Hi, I'm in that limbo period now after sending a robust reply ( 8 pages ) to Gladstone's LBC. In my follow up to my SAR to HX I asked them to confirm that they had taken in and kept the parking fee ( I still have ticket ) they said they have no record of it. I also asked if they could confirm that there was no other vehicle with the partial VRN that was entered, they said they could not give that information because of DPA. Can I demand the log for that day even if partially redacted. Regards
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    8.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes of course you can
    State that this log will of course be part of their evidenc,e so providing it now will not matter.
    148 posts
    Many thanks for that.
    148 posts
    Who actually sends the collected parking fees to the land owner? Is it the enforcement company or the management company, both different in this case.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will depend on the contract between the PPC and whoever contracted them!
    8.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever empties the cash boxes. Likely the parking company never sees it.
    148 posts
    I only ask because HX say they have no record of the fee being taken in and kept. As I said in my previous post I still have the original ticket proving that the correct fee was paid with sufficient and substantial amount of the vrn to identify the vehicle recorded on ANPR

I've just read a thread about a court case for wrong VRN being entered where Lamilad turned up at court to assist the defendant. Basically, and I mean basically, the judge was not concerned that the letter of the contract was not adheres to, but focused on the fact that it was the claimants responsibility to check the ANPR and ticket machine to prove or disprove that the correct fee for that vehicle ( the same fee as other cars in the car park ) had been paid and the only reason the vrn was required was to identify that the ticket matched the car on which it was displayed and the correct fee was paid. That is why I am going down this route. Proof of payment, which I have, and proof there was no other vehicle in that small car park at the time with anything like the same vrn. Regards.
    8.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a ticket. Way more compelling evidence than "the computer says no"