New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Incomplete vrn entered

edited 18 April 2018 at 10:23AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
272 replies 16K views

Replies

• Pjr1525Pjr1525 Forumite
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    Many thanks coupon mad and iamEmanr. Took both of your advice. Composed two letters, one about the 'Beavis' route and the other about notice of rectification. Coupon mad, I used large chunks of your post, suitably altered for my own case.

I also copied part of the court case in the link supplied by iamEmanr and included it in the body of the letter citing the 'Beavis' case, informing HX that I will be using a similar defence.

I popped them in the same envelope and sent them to the DPO of HX. Regards.
  • I was sent a fine by Premier Park for £100 even though I purchased a ticket and was within time limit. The reason being I only put last 3 digits in of my car registration. I appealed and they reduced it to £30 but I was so annoyed at the injustice of it I have appealed through POPLA and showed my ticket. I’m still awaiting their decision 6 weeks later!
  • edited 12 September 2018 at 1:30PM
    Pjr1525Pjr1525 Forumite
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2018 at 1:30PM
    It's the injustice that's driving me now. The correct fee was paid, fair and square, the ticket was retained as proof of purchase. The ppc that I'm dealing with quite simply aren't concerned with right or wrong, they just smell cash!
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the injustice that's driving me now. The correct fee was paid, fair and square, the ticket was retained as proof of purchase. The ppc that I'm dealing with quite simply aren't concerned with right or wrong, they just smell cash!

We could put that on every thread here. Welcome to the reality of dealing with these people.
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    Hi coupon mad. Can you provide me with the link where you posted a defence for a patron of an Odeon cinema who had to use an IPad to enter reg. I was partway through building my defence using some of the points mentioned when I deleted the lot. Can't seem to find it again. Many thanks.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    30.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a quick forum search found these

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5840579

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5838188

its easy if you use the search words in the drop down search box
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    89.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pjr1525 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for the above advice, looks like I've got a busy week ahead. Ibcus, I intend to print the second newspaper artical and send it to HX's data controller with my complaint about the inaccuracies of their data handling systems. Watch this space!

Did you clearly head it up 'rectification notice' as suggested? It wasn't a complaint as such, it was meant to be a rectification notice, to force their DPO to rectify what they know is 'inaccurate data' (the partial VRN).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    Many thanks reds that's the one.

Coupon mad. I sent the letter to HX, clearly marked ' Notice of Rectification ' and included the points that you mentioned in your post, also the fact that I intend to complain to the ICO.
    Over a week now, no reply. Regards
  • IbcusIbcus Forumite
    165 posts
    Not sure if this will help you at all

king-street-car-park-wigan.jpg

Land Registry deatails here:
    http://rcwb.co.uk/HX-King-Street-Wigan/King-Street-Car-Park-Wigan.pdf

and maybe this:

http://rcwb.co.uk/HX-King-Street-Wigan/49-King-Street-Wigan.pdf

Is the land the ANPR camera on....
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    Many thanks ibcus, every bit of ammo helps against these people.