New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Incomplete vrn entered

edited 18 April 2018 at 10:23AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
272 replies 16K views
1222324252628»

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    30.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pjr1525 wrote: »
    Hi Deep. The DJ has already awarded me 5 hours of LiP, I believe £95 is the most that he can award for those costs.

I seem to remember somewhere in the correspondence with the court it asked 'counter claim?' I'm pretty sure that I ticked the 'No' box. Regards.

Are you sure that it wasn’t awarded for half a day’s loss of earnings/annual leave, because £95 is the exact maximum that can be awarded for that element. Seems rather coincidental.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Pjr1525Pjr1525 Forumite
    148 posts
    Second Anniversary
    I'm retired, so it wasn't for loss of earnings. I did specify on my costs schedule that it was for 5 hours LiP. I only claimed for 5 hours because I read on this forum that a woman claimed for more and the lady DJ had to look up LiP awards, I may be wrong.

I'm very seriously thinking of claiming for the time that I spent fighting their extortion attempt. I assume that I firstly send them an invoice with a breakdown of the costs.

I also remember a post where Coupon mad and loc put together a claim for someone who had won their case, and she was awarded nearly £2000. I believe the Judge complimented them on the quality of the claim. Regards.