New Post Advanced Search

Lbc template letter needed!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
56 replies 2.5K views
Hel3013Hel3013 Forumite
26 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi I’m very new to forums on here and all the rules etc so if I’ve offended anybody I apologise! I think this is me starting my own thread! I’ve spent hours scrolling looking for answers and although I’ve been pointed in the right direction I’m still lost! I’m not stupid just don’t get it!!
I have disputed a pcn by hx parking as I had a valid ticket purchased within the time frames and left half hour before ticket expired. Not sure what happen when purchasing but the machine printed only three letters all the same as my reg. I advised this in my dispute as normally I wouldn’t even respond but I still have the ticket. Hx response. wording of the appeal states in short we have considered and reviewed in conjunction with the evidence we have gathered. Our records show that pcn was correctly issued. Extended discount period by 14 days.
As you stated in your appeal you entered the registration *** as this is not the full or correct registration of your vehicle it is not considered valid payment. The car park uses APNR cameras so no warden would have seen my note and I should have telephoned should you have a problem. (I can go back and check these signs but there wasnt a telephone number to ring customer services on the first letter I received)!!
Our appeals process is now closed then the usual legal speel after that.
Gladestones letter before claim letter has arrived giving me 30 days from 2/8 before court action? Do I speak to Gladestones they have tried to ring my landline number or write, I’m presuming writing is best just need a template to get wording right. Can anyone post a link to the template I need would be very much appreciated!
Thank you in advance!! :)

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have a Letter Before Claim, you need to robustly respond to that.

There are sample responses in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. Pick one and adjust it to your situation.

Definitely do not ring Gladstones.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    88.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what happen when purchasing but the machine printed only three letters all the same as my reg. I advised this in my dispute as normally I wouldn't even respond but I still have the ticket. HX response. wording of the appeal states in short we have considered and reviewed in conjunction with the evidence we have gathered. Our records show that pcn was correctly issued. Extended discount period by 14 days.

Why didn't you just read other HX threads? No need for links to replies, write your own.

What about this one, exactly the same?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5827022

The OP even has a screenshot of HX's website when it said they allow for typos (which might actually be a keypad/system error and nothing to do with the driver's fat fingers).

Just don't say who was driving, we hope you have NOT already? HX can't hold a registered keeper liable due to their choice of NTK wording, so do NOT disclose the driver.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hel3013Hel3013 Forumite
    26 posts
    Hi thank you for your help! I can’t remember my wording in my appeal letter but I did say that I entered *** into the machine can’t remember if I actually said it was me. I don’t own the car now and if they search records I wasntvthe registered keeper at the time anyways. I’ve copied your advice letter starting dear BW legal and will adjust accordingly from 19th March 7.51pm do u advise sending recorded delivery? Sorry but there’s that much info and threads etc it’s hard to work through!!
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    11.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No recorded delivery. Normal First Class post with a free certificate of posting and it is deemed to be delivered two days later. Obviously KEEP the Certificate of Posting. If you send it recorded, the recipient has a get out of jail card to PROVE it was not delivered as they didn't sign for it.
    26 posts
    I’m currently putting together my defence against HX carpark & Gladestones. I have all paperwork ever received which I’m currently photocopying also the actual ticket I purchased and used with time frames just the machine took my reg plate wrong. I know u will be all sick of ya asking but where is the link to a template for this or should I write letter of defence in my own words. I also have recent newspaper articles where MP has been involved with this car park and that the machine was faulty dating back to the date of My alleged breach of contact. I did reply to by lbc but I didn’t follow the protocol Iv just read on here as my LBC didn’t set out what the basis of claim was etc. Anyway I’m thinking I should put things like waiting until 2 wks b4 Xmas to file this do they have timescales to file cc claim it’s over 8months ago. Also should I print the news article and include it with my defence? Sorry just really want to go to town but I know i could blow the whole thing!! Any advice would be much appreciated
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    30K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and it has examples (not templates) you can adapt and use, especially any by member BARGEPOLE

it is your WS later down the track that you write in your own words

they have 6 years to bring a court claim, so anything from 2013 onwards
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Thanks but I’ve had my lbc and replied using info on here to Gladstone’s and just have generic responses. I have received ccbc before Xmas and filed for the extra days to put together paperwork. I’ve copied and printed out all correspondence from both HX and Gladestones and have included photo of my ticket. I have approx less than a week to send my defence off I just don’t want to write a garbled story etc and put things in that will go against me. It’s breech of contrac although I have newspaper articles where the mp has been involved accusing the machine to be faulty. Do I include these in with my papers? What’s the best way to lay out my argument and any pointer what or not whT to say? Any help would be appt
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you may have received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton. Is that correct?

If so, can you please state the Issue Date on that Claim Form?

You posts are really difficult to read.

Please can I ask that you break the text up to include a bit of 'white space'?
  • edited 8 January 2019 at 1:08AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    30K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 January 2019 at 1:08AM
    Hel3013 wrote: »
    Thanks but I’ve had my lbc and replied using info on here to Gladstone’s and just have generic responses.

1) I have received ccbc before Xmas and filed for the extra days to put together paperwork.

2) I’ve copied and printed out all correspondence from both HX and Gladestones and have included photo of my ticket. I have approx less than a week to send my defence off

3) I just don’t want to write a garbled story etc and put things in that will go against me. It’s breach of contract although I have newspaper articles where the mp has been involved accusing the machine to be faulty.

4) Do I include these in with my papers?

5) What’s the best way to lay out my argument and any pointer what or not whT to say?

1) GOOD

2) OK

3) You are not writing any story, that would be your WS and your evidence and photos goes in with your WS, which is in a few months time

4) NO, definitely not

5) any "argument" for now is your legal DEFENCE, that is all you are submitting, the legal reasons why you are not liable

start with the CONCISE defence by member BARGEPOLE and expand it

there are various examples of defences in that NEWBIES thread post #2 , try to find something useful and add it to the BARGEPOLE concise defence and also look for other threads where HX and Gladrags are mentioned too

save any "stories , pictures , docs , newspaper articles and evidence" etc for the WS + Evidence stage, perhaps a few weeks before the court date at your local court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    26 posts
    Date on cbcc is 10th and I’ve applied for 28 days