IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Scs law lbc by ukpc

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2019 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Even if it was, the additions are only payable if they were incurred, and they were not. Never are.
    Honey-Dee wrote: »
    The solicitor just called me. They don't deal with parking cases anymore. The person who did the case in 2016 is now retired. I asked if they could offer any advice just to see if I qualify for an appeal and they said they couldn't. I asked if they have the 30mins free consultation, she said no so I offered to pay for that consultation but she stil said they could not offer any advice as they don't deal with such cases anymore paid consultation or unpaid.
    Still trying to get hold of the court. Last hope!
    The solicitors are not the only solicitors in Oxford.

You could contact a few in your area, for the sake of a few phone calls this week; you should find one to give you a free 30 mins. I just want you to be sure, before you pay this scam.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.
    I did mentioned about them being scammers and included proof in my skeleton argument to the Judge and in my exhibits. The judge just decided to ignore the part.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    You could contact a few in your area, for the sake of a few phone calls this week; you should find one to give you a free 30 mins. I just want you to be sure, before you pay this scam.
    Will do that tomorrow thank you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another drive-by to throw in a spanner ....

There is a presumption here that every time a person parks in the same car park, there is a reset of the contract to the terms on the sign. They are not and they can be different. What is missing is the timeline.

With the first parking event, the driver has zero knowledge of the terms unless they are clear and unequivocal. With each subsequent event, the terms are clearer and more importantly can be added to. The first set of contractual terms can be different from subsequent ones with more information.

In this case, the additional £60 was brought to the drivers/keepers notice after the first event but before the second/subsequent ones, in the paperwork sent out advising the driver/keeper of the contract breach. By parking again, the additional terms were incorporated into the subsequent contract by inferred agreement.

Where there are multiple tickets and no pre-existing contract like leasehold, the burden of proof moves from the PPC to the driver/keeper - which is why multiple tickets cases are won even with PPC's famed incompetence.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Good evening all. I managed to speak to 5 different law firms today in my area, half of them don't deal with parking and none of them offers free advice. I managed to get one who gave me 20mins over the phone. She mentioned she can't really say that I have ground for an appeal until she sees all documents. For her to see all documents, I have to pay for their legal advice/consultation of £500+. I asked if she'll be able to tell me if I have a high chance of winning the appeal but she said they can't do that. I pressed that they must have an idea if my case is strong or not? Because if it is not a strong case I could just drop it now, she said if I decided not to go ahead because it's not a strong case, I'll still get charged the £500 for their time.

I told her I don't mind paying the law firm the money I win back as long as I don't pay it to UKPC but I have to be sure that I will win the appeal! Otherwise what would be another £500 on top of my current charges.
    Apparently, they can't say if I have a good chance or not. I guessed they don't want to speculate.
  • Honey-Dee
    Options
    Where there are multiple tickets and no pre-existing contract like leasehold, the burden of proof moves from the PPC to the driver/keeper - which is why multiple tickets cases are won even with PPC's famed incompetence.
    Looks like I have to accept my fate.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can understand that. What a terrible shame as you made a real effort.

Make sure you complain to your MP about what happened to you. People at Hospitals left their jobs due to similar experiences, they can't afford to work at a Hospital when they run the risk of 4 figure fines from utter scumbags:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-70-doctors-nurses-taken-13338896
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure