20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope it went well with the builder :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe inviting a builder at short notice was not such a good idea. Feeling a bit sick and nervy. Trying not to cancel :(

Hope you managed to see through the nerves and it all went well! It'll all be worth it when the work is done and it's one more thing ticked off your list.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,550 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all went well with the builder.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging posts :)

I DID see the builder and I LIKE HIM and he is going to quote me for the outside work on the house. I’ve been waiting for this builder for a few months. I don’t want to get too excited as I have been let down before but If all goes well he can start more or less straight away. :)

So, only 4 days after my going sugar free and my friend who I met this evening commented without knowing I was doing this, ‘have you lost weight?’ So, it isn’t just my imagination after all. :)

I haven’t needed apples to fill the gaps today as I was not the same sort of hungry I usually am.

The day was nervy and work was stressful but the day has ended well

I hope your day ended well too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done!

I managed day two (kind of). I haven't eaten more than planned apart from a frozen fruit smoothie this afternoon (two bananas, a few blueberries, some kiwi and a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt.

I'm hoping I get similarly dramatic results :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope the builder works out.
    In awe about the sugar.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on the sugar. Hope the builder turned up and you saw it through .
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great that you managed to see the appointment with the builder through. Fingers crossed that he doesn't come back with a crazy price and you get get on with getting stuff done! Remember, if it's a bit more than you'd like to pay there's no harm in trying to haggle the cost down a bit. Especially if he knows that there's going to be more work coming his way in future from you.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for the posts everyone :)
    Greenbee smoothies with 2 bananas? Smoothies are not okay generally, as simple sugar and no fibre. How did you do today?
    Homegrown
    Thank you, a good point about haggling and if necessary. I will.

SUGAR
    Day five of being sugar free. I continue to feel more energised and my joints are less stiff. Also the craving for sugar is diminishing. I am more aware of sweetness in natural food such as in cider vinegar and in slices of tomato. Tis strange :)

MSE
    A NSD today as I blew yesterdays when I visited a friend in the evening and paid for travel
    Made cauliflower rice

DRUDGE
    Dishes X2
    Washing done, dried, ironed and packed away
    Quilt stored away (missed window for washing and line drying this summer)
    Kitchen cleaned
    New washing batch sorted

My day off is tomorrow :j and I trial a new yoga/pilates class. Yay :T

Have a lovely evening folks :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy your pilates/yoga :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure