20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    Options
    Oh dear DIA. I need to read back. I assume squirrelgate is still on going.

My house just looks :eek: too. I can't wait to get home and start plodding on it.

Have a fab day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    You were pretty productive yesterday despite your mood/ enthusiasm being low.

If you're still keen on the plasterer, can you ask when he/ she WILL be available? It may be better to wait for someone you're happy with and get a date in the diary, rather than start from scratch?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Oh dear DIA. I need to read back. I assume squirrelgate is still on going.

My house just looks :eek: too. I can't wait to get home and start plodding on it.

Have a fab day.
    Thanks Parsniphead. And do pace yourself when you get home :)
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    You were pretty productive yesterday despite your mood/ enthusiasm being low.

If you're still keen on the plasterer, can you ask when he/ she WILL be available? It may be better to wait for someone you're happy with and get a date in the diary, rather than start from scratch?
    Homegrown I have to admit to not doing the ironing, but I did it today. Re the plasterer I am more than happy to wait and texted to say so before realising the holiday was a ruse and he didn’t want the work. He hasn’t replied to my text saying I would like to wait and for him do the work. I would love to have him! Never mind. :(
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It feels easier to do things today —less effort required. I slept well and didn’t get woken by the squirrels.:D

Today:
    ironing X1/dishes X1/
    PPI completed and posted
    returned clothes returned at the PO
    purchased new hoodie and bottoms (hope they fit this time) both half price or less

I used the time after work to go to the PO and then to Lid1. ;) I ended up with a vaporiser that I am using now. It is very similar to a Muj1 one that costs £70 but this was £15. :money:

I have 2 days off now. I want to wrestle the house, myself and the garden back to some sort of order and do a few fun things too :)

I hope you had a good day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    enjoy your days off. I have a couple of days off in lieu of after a very busy couple of months work and then the weekend. looking forward to catching up on some chores, and as you say - doing a couple of fun things while its still nice outside
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Marks88. I hope you enjoy your days off too.

Once a week I am having a day to myself to relax. This is the first week I have done this.

So, I went to sit in a coffee shop but I spent £4.60 there. It was nice to sit and read for a bit. Then I went to a Spanish class for the first time. I enjoyed it but one of the people there monopolised the time and was argumentative. I don’t need that in my free time. I will do Spanish as I liked what I learned but I will do a more structured class. Free isn’t always best. I will look for an evening class. I bought a sandwich and a drink/crisps and chocolate, so £5.50 and another cup of tea £2.20. So £12.30 on nothing much. :(

I saw a film called Edie for £3. An inspirational film and a total bargain. I will do this again. ;)

I picked up some supermarket goodies and a cheeky bottle of wine. I spent £11.50 in total.

I spent £7 on fares

So today I spent £33.80. I would not have believed it had I not added it up. :eek:

For my next relaxation day I will give myself a £10 budget, hopefully my trainers will be purchased and I can walk. I will be buying a flask and a lunchbox to cut down on this frittering.

Tomorrow will be a gardening and house sorting day

I hope you all had a good day too

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    If it isn’t the squirrels it is the foxes. :eek: They woke me at 3am and I couldn’t go back to sleep. There was lots to do so I got on with the To Do list. The only issue with being awake and active in the small hours is I am now starving hungry…

Drudge
    Washing up X4 (Yes, I know :o)
    Clothes sorted for washing machine
    Bins sorted and put out

Food prep
    Hummus made :)
    Cauliflower rice prepped
    Salad made

Today will be a NSD day

Going to try and get a few hours sleep now as today is a day off

Wishing you all a positive day

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A very active, successful day and a NSD too. :T

I repurposed a trellis that I have positioned to deter the foxes. We shall see, but proud for doing it myself :)

I trimmed my bay plant and picked the leaves to use for cooking :)

Grass strimmed and cut (at last)
    Old boxes thrown out
    Rubbish litter picked from front garden (none of it mine)
    Bonfire
    Gardening, weeding and clearing
    Side of house swept

I’ve realised decluttering extends to the garden too. I have some old wellingtons that I’ve been meaning to clean and use for the past 3 years. They rubbed anyway, so I threw them out today. :T I have 3 old sinks that are now chipped and are too shallow to enjoy so I will be throwing them too. Off to the tip on Monday :)

Hope you had a good day too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day. I probably shouldn't suggest alpines or house leeks (sempivervums I think) for your shallow sinks then....
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day. I probably shouldn't suggest alpines or house leeks (sempivervums I think) for your shallow sinks then....
    Haha. Good idea but I know I won't do it so they are going ;)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills