20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I lost track of my spending this month as I bought clothes on line in various sizes not intending to keep them all. I sent them back and got yet another size so lots of money spent but most will be credited back. I need to keep clothing money separate in future to avoid losing track. ;)

My bank wins various rounds of applause for customer service but I find them annoying quite often. :mad: Previously, I used the negative emotion from one such annoyance to open another account so they don’t control all of my financial transactions. Today I tried doing something simple that they turned into a situation that has inconvenienced me.:mad:

Again I used the negative energy to explore other options and discovered my other bank’s savings accounts and I see I can hold up to five so I will start having pots of money for different things. I did not know of this option. So tomorrow on my off day I will inquire about opening three accounts CAR and HOLIDAY and CLOTHES/APPEARANCE ;)

My FROG OF THE DAY today will be to call a bank that I haven’t contacted yet about PP1. I will need any extra money I can find in the coming year ;)

Wishing you all a happy and productive day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • 24ta
    24ta Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow,
    Have read your diary over the last couple of days.
    You have inspired me.
    Well done.
    Looking forward to future updates
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh DIA I have accounts for shopping/petrol, personal spends, Christmas, holidays, insurance and emergency fund with 2 different banks and 1 bs . I can't cope with all money in the same account , it got to confusing.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    24ta wrote: »
    Wow,
    Have read your diary over the last couple of days.
    You have inspired me.
    Well done.
    Looking forward to future updates
    Thank you. At least my waffling angst is helping someone ;)
    Oh DIA I have accounts for shopping/petrol, personal spends, Christmas, holidays, insurance and emergency fund with 2 different banks and 1 bs . I can't cope with all money in the same account , it got to confusing.
    Thanks Cumbria, going to try the little pots method for myself now :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 September 2018 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Yesterday I checked I could access a small pot of money I hold (I can) I also looked at tax to ensure I pay as little as possible. All okay. THIS WAS A FROG but not the pp1 frog I should have been eating. Will do that tomorrow. :o

Today I am off work. I am going to see a film, search for trainers, check out savings accounts and buy a cycling helmet as I plan to cycle or walk to all the places I would previously have driven or paid for transport once I am off work for longer.

Ald1 have a range of Le Creuset copies that are sold out online. I am going to see if I can nab a tagine in-store so I can cook some healthy and cheap veggie dishes :)

Better get a wiggle on. Have a good day everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    A frog is a frog, well done :) I think being scared is only natural. It's a big step... but you aren't doing it on a whim. Feeling a bit nervy/ scared will just help you get everything in order properly.

Good idea with the cycling! I can't cycle :( I decided way back at the beginning of the year I wanted to learn to drive this year. That has gone out the window but I have re-adjusted my plan to be 'learn to ride a bike'. Far more achievable/ cheap but far scarier for me.

What film did you see? :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Lonelyrat :)
    I saw The Book Club.
    Do learn to cycle. It is fun. I am doing it for the fun but also for much needed exercise ;)

So, Ald1 cast iron pans did not go to my branch and I am glad. I didn’t need them I wanted them. I can do a tagine with the pot I have.

I took a very healthy lunch to work on Friday in a glass dish, dropped it, lost my lunch, broke the dish, :eek: I bought a bread sandwich and I have been eating nonsense ever since! I ate like a crazy person yesterday. I then went out for G&Ts after work. Enough! I am having a NO SUGAR DAY today. I am drinking green rooibos now.

So eggs for breakfast. Later, I have some chicken breast and veggies. I am going to make a Thai red curry to eat with rice and beans plus a tomato and red onion salad

A wet and miserable day. So dark here!

If the weather peps up I might venture out as there is a free rail replacement bus. I might use it to go YS hunting later. I can look for a cycling helmet too. But I may also just stay dry and warm at home :)

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Food plans for today sound good.

I know what you mean with the cast iron, I was tempted too. My big generic casserole got dropped and has some chips out of the paint. I wanted a shiny new one but actually the old one works even if it isn't pretty.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Its late for a check in but I can never go straight to bed when I am late in, so here I am.

I let go of worrying about THE BIG CHANGE (No not the menopause the sabbatical ;))

Theatre tonight but got a special deal so a £24 ticket for £11 for each of us. :money: It was a beautifully acted but intense play.

The plasterer I had high hopes for is fully booked and is sounding like he doesn’t want the work. I feel disappointed. It takes so much energy to seek them out and get a quote. I am starting to think my house is so crummy no one wants to work on it. Either that or it is me. :( Sigh :(

Giving up is not an option so it is back to the drawing board again. Double sigh.

Budget wise. The plot has been lost (but I’m not overdrawn) anyway, must do better…Seriously.

I spent £4 threading my eyebrows and they make such a difference to how well groomed I feel. :) I must remember to do them. I haven’t done them for months.:o

I went to the health food shop for some herbal teas, smoked hot paprika and some tempeh as I am going to try a tempeh and black bean chilli with cauliflower rice, avocado and lime. The least I can do is go vegan once a week.

I saw a young man pick up the hat of an old man whose hat blew off in the wind. It made me feel happy :D

Hope you had a good day

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I WFH today :) but actually I didn't feel like working at all. Not anywhere.

I kept pushing on and I achieved the following:

Pest controller appointment for squirrels made
    Washing and drying X2 loads
    Dishes X3
    Parcel packed to return
    Old undies thrown out
    Old bedspread cut into cleaning rags
    Vegan chiili made
    Ironing
    Meters read and called in
    Living room tidied and hoovered and two items decluttered.

The house looks very dirty. Not even untidy, maybe it is the sunshine and my mood but it looks actual dirty. Going to take Friday as a holiday and do a deep clean

I hope you had a good day :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills