20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't you dare cancel :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy new jacket :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy new jacket :)
    I know! So pleased with it :)
    And I won't cancel. I won't. This is my best chance of getting the roof sorted and I can't blow it...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get that roof done, don't you dare cancel. I hope you enjoy your jacket. I bought one on Sunday , I love it , but have no idea how I am paying for it. Used my shopping money for next week to pay for it! .

Driving will give you freedom and options . It's one thing I am so glad I do. Have car will travel !
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hurrah for the new jacket, glad you found one you love.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Wednesday :)

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Get that roof done, don't you dare cancel. I hope you enjoy your jacket. I bought one on Sunday , I love it , but have no idea how I am paying for it. Used my shopping money for next week to pay for it! .
    Driving will give you freedom and options . It's one thing I am so glad I do. Have car will travel !
    Enjoy your jacket too! I won't cancel. I won't! So looking forward to driving once again :)
    Hurrah for the new jacket, glad you found one you love.
    I know. Much better than making do :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday :)
    You too Beanie :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    HEALTH AND WELLBEING
    The organic veg box from Riverford was disappointing. They give a credit against the next box if you complain, but I doubt I can be bothered to give them another chance. It is expensive but worse, the quality is variable and I can get fresher and cheaper in the supermarket. I will have a car soon so I can do a weekly shop rather than rely on deliveries. I have an Ald1 nearby so combined with my not eating meat I should be able to get the shopping budget down. :money:

LOSE 20 KiLOS IN 20 MONTHS
    Cheese thrown out from freezer
    Made spinach, lentil and tomato soup
    Ate 2 bags of kettle crisps. Yup the crisp monster well and truly got me. Although the crisps came in an online food delivery so I laid down the red carpet and invited the crisp monster in…

DECLUTTERING AND ORGANISING

I need bookshelves. I am not sure whether to:

search charity shops for a bookcase I can paint and use
    buy some individual shelves and get someone to fit them to the alcoves in my room
    buy a bookcase (even as I write this I can see this is my least preferred option although I know He3ls outlet store so I could look there)
    I quite fancy a Welsh dresser :)

WELLBEING AND HEALTH GOAL
    I forced myself to go for a walk after WFH all day. I killed 2 birds with one stone by walking to the Post Office. (1 official form completed and posted at post office Present for friend abroad posted too :))

I stopped in Mr M for wonky veggies and a bit of fruit

HOUSE GOAL

I saw a newly painted house the same size of mine. A woman was talking to a neighbour so I asked about the painter and if she was happy and if his charge was reasonable. She took my number to pass on.

A productive day I think :)
    I hope your hump day went well too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Are the wonky veg from Mr M's ok?

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very productive day, lots more to come .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure