20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Are the wonky veg from Mr M's ok?
    Same as the usual veg just wonky. I dislike perfection so they suit me and they are cheaper :)
    Very productive day, lots more to come .
    I hope so. even more productive, the roofer coming today and I haven't cancelled ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Way to go , with the roofer . Hope the job gets done in a timely manner .
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hurrah with the roofer today, hope its not too stressful for you. Make sure you eat something sensible - my migraines are triggered by a mix of stress and rubbish eating I think.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Keep your cool with the roofer's visit! You can do it :) And think of the pleasure it'll give you when it's all done! Also, do things to distract you like make a cup of tea or do an activity if you feel the anxiety creeping in.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Okay, so the roofer was lovely. He has capped my chimneys. He has replaced slipped tiles. I have a beautiful new porch and he found the hole where the squirrels get in and he has blocked this. I couldn’t be happier with the work. :T

As I was so anxious I have not eaten at all today (I couldn’t) but to avoid a migraine this time I drank loads of water (thank you for the timely post Redo)

I kept active so when the anxiety struck I did something physical (so kitchen clean and hoovering done. Bonus.) Good thinking JoJo

I am very proud of myself :T

THE ROOF IS DONE. I HAVE A NEW PORCH :j:j

1/20 OF THE MAJOR JOBS FOR MY HOUSE HAS BEEN COMPLETED. :D

Now I will get quotes for the new windows.

Thank you everyone for all the encouraging comments they have helped more than you know. :A

The roofer is tidying up now. When he is gone I will make a meal and relax for the evening

I will check diaries later.

Happy long weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done with the roofer DIA. :T I still haven't made a move.:o

You're sounding so positive and in control. Long may it continue.:beer:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Most excellent.
    Well done you :A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done :beer:

Have a nice relaxing evening and when you get stressed about other jobs just remember how much nicer everything is once they are done. Although make sure you are sitting down, or possibly even lying down, when the quotes for the windows come in.

I'm putting off the kitchen work as I'm enjoying the break from builders and want to be able to spend time in the garden over the summer rather than having their mess here and feeling trapped in the house while they are working. I'm going to have to steel myself to get it done at some point later in the year though.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    woop woop well done you DIA!

You inspired me to finally email and ask for a quote to get my front garden sorted. I have tackled a bit of it myself, but am realising that I don't have the time, the tools to deal with digging out the big shrubs, or frankly the patience.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    Parsniphead, It has taken me 18months to get the roof fixed and the porch has needed doing for 4 years. You will get there too soon.
    Greenbee I have a kitchen appointment for a planner in 2 weeks and hope to get the kitchen done over the summer. Not looking forward to the mess and stress.
    Rosa. In the end I got my front garden cleared because i never got around to it. When you live alone and work FT it isn't always possible to do it all. That's okay :)
    Beanielou. I am so pleased. Thank you :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills