20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a lovely Saturday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sensible decision on the coat.

Hurrah for gardening, and some self care.

I read that Aldi put their 50% stickers on at 7pm the night before - so 7 tonight the stickers go on for stuff dated 22nd. I go in straight from dropping the boys in the morning so am in for 9am and by then its bakery/fruit/veg left that is reduced and ours is still fairly empty. Its been like that the last few times I have been in.
    Thanks Redo. I will try this out :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day DIA. I hope you have plenty of sunshine to accompany your day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Have a lovely day DIA. I hope you have plenty of sunshine to accompany your day.
    Aww, that's nice. You too Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Busy day then DIA and some interesting spends. I first thought the oil was for cooking !

Love books and you can enjoy reading them in your garden.
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend.

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like you have had a super Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I absolutely love rose otto oil, I really like the REN stuff but I also have Dr. Otto.

Good luck with the vegan thing, I bought this lovely Vegan cookbook in the Works for £4.50 which has some gorgeous pictures. Just need to try the actual recipes.

and lovely cheese too, yum.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vegan sources of iron include chickpeas, broccoli, dark chocolate and red wine, so no need whatsoever to buy supplements :) Invest in vegan wine instead ;)

I suffer from chronic iron deficiency anaemia due to being a poor absorber, but actually do better on a managed vegan diet than unmanaged omnivorous - it's about thinking about what you eat. I've also been told to focus on Vit C to improve absorption of the iron in my food rather than upping iron. You might want to take some advice (and possibly get your iron levels checked if you're concerned) about the best approach. Bear in mind iron is toxic in excessive quantities :)
  • doingitanyway
    edited 23 April 2018 at 9:01PM
    Options
    I absolutely love rose otto oil, I really like the REN stuff but I also have Dr. Otto.

Good luck with the vegan thing, I bought this lovely Vegan cookbook in the Works for £4.50 which has some gorgeous pictures. Just need to try the actual recipes.

and lovely cheese too, yum.
    Thanks redo. Great bargain you got with that book. It looks fab :)
    greenbee wrote: »
    Vegan sources of iron include chickpeas, broccoli, dark chocolate and red wine, so no need whatsoever to buy supplements :) Invest in vegan wine instead ;)

I suffer from chronic iron deficiency anaemia due to being a poor absorber, but actually do better on a managed vegan diet than unmanaged omnivorous - it's about thinking about what you eat. I've also been told to focus on Vit C to improve absorption of the iron in my food rather than upping iron. You might want to take some advice (and possibly get your iron levels checked if you're concerned) about the best approach. Bear in mind iron is toxic in excessive quantities :)
    Thanks Greenbee. I do have a severe iron problem and have had for some time so I probably wouldn't stop supplementing iron. You are right about vitamin C for absorption. I have my iron levels tested at regular intervals so no worries, it never gets anywhere near high :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills