NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

NSD #4 for me today.

Cashed out 85p from Qmee bringing my extra income for the month to £13.58/£93.

Sent the 85p to my holiday savings which now stands at £308.58/£500.

Finished reading my latest book this evening, have logged it into Goodreads which shows I still haven't caught up with my challenge.

Today I am grateful for part time working.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - no spends today so 6/15
    Report - 11/30
    Interests - went for a short walk
    Love - does a g&t count? :rotfl:
    Outside - a 40 min walk in the sunshine
    Overpay - nothing today
    Organise - nothing today except work stuff
    Bad habit - no crisps
    Gratitudes - struggling with this today as had a truly horrendous day at work, one of those days where you think I seriously don't get paid enough to deal with this !!!! :( however - some sunshine, my walk, gin and seeing my dad
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. 5/15 NSDs

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Added up March's expenses - horrifying is the word. Still need to split up cc spends to see what went where. Now have cc statement ready to total. Will need to use savings to pay for hols..in 10 days time! Receipts earmarked for tomorrow, should have no interruptions.

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..11/30

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done. Finally retrieved fairisle cushion from back of chair where it was stuffed; realise to my shame haven't touched it in 18 months..despite that managed to find my place in the pattern & actually do a couple of rows. Bless highlighter tape!! Finally managed to identify all the different colours of the wool - hard when they are called irrelevant names & are missing the ball bands - only to realise I am missing a colour. Shan't need it until almost the end, might just use what I have left over. Still not looked for item, must do tomorrow. Looked for item in room of Doom but still not located it/them. Will keep trying, maybe tomorrow

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Perfume but no makeup for friends visit, I know she will understand.

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone. Out in garden this morning for an hour, but mainly spent in clearing up - still a way to go but a little more progress..

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. WIP.

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. All meals from stock & surprisingly tasty.

[/COLOR]Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. No snacking today, feel I am doing better.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: Visit from friend this afternoon, DD doing well with her healthy eating & weight loss, finally feeling a little better, making plans for hols in 5 days...need to make lists!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I clocked up NSD 5/15 yesterday. I've discovered that I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped on the debt free path which I'm going to take in my stride and not allow it to stop me changing careers.

I'm grateful to DD for buying me a back pack and memory stick to replace ones that were stolen a couple of weeks ago. She's amazing.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 7 today. I need nothing. I even made supper for today yesterday (for 3 of us that like it hot and spicy) will make a pesto macaroni for the 3 that don't. All from stores,

Another fun and thrilling day of stripping, I will be finished tomorrow.

Grateful for a lovely bath, DS3 and 4 being loving (I think they knew I was sad),knowing that I will have a nice house one day.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lavender Bee yes I am an army wife :D I'm glad it's not just me who does that while they're away :rotfl:I am always amazed by how little I can spend while he's away
  • CosmicZebra
    Options
    (Hugs) to people having hard days.
    Still on 6/15 NSDs. School holiday entertainment is wiping me out!
    Spent £7.95 at MrS yesterday. I really notice the difference in prices now I mainly go to Ald! Also owed my babysitter £45, so paid that.
    Went out last night and didn't drink. Haven't done that for a while. That made 3 no alcohol days.
    Not doing much overpayment and still 2 weeks till pay day.
    Outside with the dog. Went to work for a bit- it was ok. Working from home till Monday now.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Savings from frugal & simple living:
    Jan ISA& Save Acc £1600 Mort o/paid £250
    Feb ISA&save acc £1330.89 Mort o/paid£500
    March ISA&save ac£811.35 mort o/paid £250
    :j
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

finally a lovely sunny day here but it made it so hard to go to work. Just want to work in the garden and get stuff in the house done.

Hoping for an SFD, got HM soup for lunch and will drag myself to the gym.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    laurenh1 - well done on your weight loss.

mothernerd - your holiday sounded rather stressful, hope your mum is OK now.

swimminginaseaofdebt - your sons vacuum cleaner reminded me of when my DS had one, he was about 2 at the time and so cute, I was quite teary remembering it.

foxholes/dancingdragons
    - I think the constant grey skies are not helping our moods at the moment - we need some sunshine.

thrifty - hope you get your money back for the tyre, and why on earth do you have to pay extra for a car seat, it should be a free add on as they are essential safety items.

Got back last night from our trip to Edinburgh. It was lovely and we all thoroughly enjoyed it but it was not at all :money:, we went up by train, stayed in a hotel, put the dog in kennels and that's before we even started eating out and visiting places. We did take in quite a lot of free things too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    thrifty - hope you get your money back for the tyre, and why on earth do you have to pay extra for a car seat, it should be a free add on as they are essential safety items.

I know, it's like making me pay for the airbag. But I guess you could bring your own etc. But it's crazy especially as they are a legal requirement. Can't wait for them to be big enough for little booster seats. Next time we go over Christmas but just take the ferry and our ow car again.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure