NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NSD 4/15 here and tomorrow (today now!) should be one too although I am about to sign up for a life changing course which will cost a bit.

I went for a long walk in the afternoon and was really surprised at just how waterlogged the ground is.

Today I am grateful for having everything I need and the ability to make choices. If we still had a mortgage I don't think the choices would be quite so easy to make.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 8 yesterday. Went for a swim, which was lovely.

Yesterday I was grateful for swimming, a good long chat with my friend, having one insurance claim accepted, having an important meeting arranged for next week at school, only one member of staff being off, my year 11s showing a much higher level of maturity than usual, homemade ready meals from the freezer and a phone call from my parents.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 6 here
    Rainy wet and horrid so I wil be stripping more wallpaper in the hall (the plaster comes off too! Exciting!!) and will try and grab plasterer-dad on the playground and book him in.

Cut DS3s hair last night. He looks great - thick hair with a definite kink to it, so it rarely gets done nicely at the barbers and they splat it down with goop. Mine is much better and saved myself £10. Now to convince DS4 (the older two can go to the barbers)
    Hate the school run already.
    Not feeling very positive. Not sure why.
    So I am clearing clutter and improving my living environment. Not that any one else seems to notice.
    Just call me Eeyore today. Off to roll in some thistles
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs f0xh0les
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all.

A-NSD number 6 today -
    P- I only have £80 left for the month now :eek:however i do have £60 for fuel & EF is currently at £900. Hub leaves on Sunday for 3 weeks :( but I spend a lot less when he is around and he earns more :)
    R-hello :D
    I- no cooking or baking to report -
    L- put on a pretty dress today because I felt like it.
    F- rain is keeping us all very much indoors. Praying it cheers up a little by this weekend but we will have fun regardless.
    O- organised and planned what food we are taking away and bought party food for LOs tea party yesterday. Lots of cleaning/packing and organising tomorrow.
    O-really not sure I can over pay any more than I already have. I am really saving every penny while still needing to live. Hub is giving me money for my bday which I NEED to spend on clothes.
    L- keeping off my phone & being more productive as a result,
    S- grateful that my friend is making me tea tonight, that I have lost 12lb -( 4 more to go this month & feeling better for it) and that there is only 2 months to go until Paris :j:j:j
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2018 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Hello,

back from holiday. Was back at work yesterday but my head was all over the place. Updated my spreadsheets etc. Holiday spends weren't too bad as my parents paid a lot, my auntie sponsored the trip to the dinosaur park and we had euros left. Not sure where I stand on NSDs but will just start again from today.

However the hire car was ridiculous. They charge an arm and a leg for the kids car seats etc which we knew in advance but still. Luckily, I got an extra insurance (the hire place take 1k in security but that doesn't cover split tyres or damaged wing mirrors). On day 2 DH managed to burst a tyre. They charged us 293 Euros excess for it, better be getting that back from the insurance.

Otherwise the trip was great, 21C and sunshine all the way. Also managed to get 1kg of wild boar meat home. Can't wait to make the stew this weekend.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    misstara wrote: »

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. In progress
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Done
    Report in every day. Will do from now on
    Interests - crochet most nights again, started the gardening season by starting the seeds
    Love yourself, been wearing my late MIL's lovely necklace and perfume every day

Find time to get outside. been outside most days on holiday, walking, bbqing, or just relaxing
    Overpay - will try and round up the saving or mortgage by the end of the month, proper overpayments planned from May
    Organise your month. Done
    Lose one bad habit. Unfortunately there are many, first one to go is day time snacking
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.

So that's the challenge, who's up for it?

Thought I list mine here too as I hadn't done it yet.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    #13 Checking in....

Aim for at least 15 NSDs - still 4/15. Stuck again! Much needed haircut

Pay to your debt - WIP

Report in every day. - Done

Interests - Nothing here today.

Love yourself - Haircut.

Find time to get outside - Will be walking DS home from school.

Overpay - Will revisit later in the month.

Organise your month - written a budget of how things will look once my full time salary kicks in.

Lose one bad habit - Hardly any time spent on fb today

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    A day to myself
    Time to have a sort out of a few cupboards
    DS friend coming for tea DS very excited
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    laurenh I think I remember seeing you're an army wife too somewhere? Mine is away for 4 weeks so sending some solidarity if so :) and I spend so much less when he is away! I just run down the cupboards and freezer and have odd/mismatched meals, batch cook funny things, and have the same dinner everyday for a week. Doesn't bother me in the slightest :) I'm going to try and spend no more than £20 for the rest of the month doing this.

NSDs: 8/18
    Groceries: 82.26 / 200
    Personal: 41.74 / 80
    Presents: 0 / 15
    Diesel: 51.06 / 60

Gratitudes today:
    - I'm still loving my cheap tulips in the garden. I'm wondering about waddling out to the garden to deal with the daffs past their best after work. This could count as my outside time :)
    - Placed some 'practical' orders at the beginning of the month which have been arriving early. Plastic boxes for organising a future move, reusable nappies and accoutrements and ironically, disposable food containers for batch coooking for the arrival of little one. Feeling a bit guilty about these, we don't do disposable anything, but I'm going to be relying on my batch cooking for those early weeks and I'd have to buy more reusable containers than I'm ever likely to use again (not to mention the additional washing up). At least these ones are recycleable I suppose.
    - Sorted my energy deal out early this morning, we're going to save £11 a month :j
    - Chased up some refunds, should come through soon
    - The links to vouchers in today's MSE email, some useful ones for me, I can pick up a couple of freebies and 50p items at the weekend with them
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Forgot to check in this morning...
    Foxholes: Must be something in the air, not exactly feeling on top of the world either. If I didn't know better I would say its the constant drizzle we have. Doesn't appear to be an end in site. [STRIKE]Winter is coming? [/STRIKE] Winter has overstayed its blasted welcome.
    Gratitudes for yesterday, top of the pile - being able to get to the gym. Getting a little me time with friends.
    Gratitudes for today. DD doing well in school, confidence is up, she's worked hard so deserves the pat on the back she got from the teacher.
    Today was a SFD.
    Spent most of today avoiding doing the accounts - will have to tackle them soon. Updated SOA so it should be simple case of processing all the incoming/outgoing business spends. Not looking forward to it TBH
    Breaking the habit: Made Fish pie last night now in freezer. Sorting shopping list out tonight. Rock AND Roll!
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport