Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 April 2018 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, - 4/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -2 walks, 3 books. Another book started today :)
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-

Find time to get outside. - - nope. Was too wet and cold earlier
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - 6 items listed on flebay to help with this. Put an extra £250 to the savings acct for final pymt on OH's car - 3 things on fleabay have bids (should net £100+:beer:)
    Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month - that's gonna cost...... (all presents now bought/ ordered)
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - not touched it today :) (this has gone very well)
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * another lie in (albeit a shorter one)
    * a (free) new-to-me book which is easy to read :)
    * getting 2 small frogs ticked off the list

Budgets:
    Food 153.08/450 (a little ahead of myself, but fridge, cupboards & freezer are groaning)
    Travel £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 8.25/£150
    Toiletries 6/£10
    Cleaning 10.70/ £10 (stocked up on dwasher tabs)
    Social £150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 7/18 here

Spent on diesel yesterday but haven't got the receipt to hand - am under budget though :)

Grateful for my lovely tulips in the garden - they were el cheapo bulbs from wilko last year, and the daffs are good too. Bulbs are definitely my favourite sort of gardening now :)
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A - 6/15 Managed an NSD.
    P - Done.
    R - Done.
    I - Managed to finish reading my book about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her daughter Rose. Very interesting.
    L - Had a very relaxing bath.
    F - Walked around the park which is close to me.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Did not spend as much time on social media.
    S - Grateful for:
    Hearing the birds sing.
    Seeing the blossoms starting to come out on the trees.
    Managing to do a few things around the flat.
    Having some chilled out time during the day and this evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for taking two bagfuls to the Sally Army, for good bus connections, for having enough SA credit to pay for something dd wanted from the ch shop, for dry weather, for more sorting, for dh being willing to part with stuff, for big sis having a good time with mum, for upping my kettlebell workout, for dh sorting out my laptop, for an enjoyable day.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    #13 Checking in....

Aim for at least 15 NSDs - still 4/15. Yesterday I bought a magazine as I thought I'd like a subscription to it for my birthday next month but it was a waste of money so glad I did! Today I bought my DS some sweets after school as I'm going to be working fulltime from next week so won't get the chance to take him for a while.

Pay to your debt - WIP

Report in every day. - sorry missed yesterday but done today.

Interests - Didn't do my course as promised yesterday or today! Must try harder.

Love yourself - Booked an eye test yesterday as long overdue. But they double booked me so still on my list. Nothing today.

Find time to get outside - Walked to my parents with DS instead of driving yesterday. Nothing today.

Overpay - Will revisit later in the month - having a nightmare trying to sort redundancy payment so things may get worse before they get better.

Organise your month - Things are unravelling. Thought I'd get a redundancy payout which isn't as straight forward as it should be. So got a shortfall to find but as from May I will be OK so its a case of juggling things until things settle. Also after school club may not have space for 2 days a week I need from next week, so need to go and chat to Mum & Dad (again).

Lose one bad habit - Hardly any time spent on fb today or yesterdasy

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    None today feeling grumpy.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• CosmicZebra
    Options
    6/15 NSD
    Day 2 alcohol free
    Back at work today- my heart sank driving into the car park, but it was fine.
    Got outside to walk the dog.
    No overpayment today- having a lean month savings-wise.
    Gratitude- OH cooked dinner &DS sorted the dishwasher. My mum sent me a lovely out of the blue present.
    Savings from frugal & simple living:
    Jan ISA& Save Acc £1600 Mort o/paid £250
    Feb ISA&save acc £1330.89 Mort o/paid£500
    March ISA&save ac£811.35 mort o/paid £250
    :j
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

NSD #3 for me.

Received £5.52 from survey payouts today, extra income for this month has reached £12.73/£93.

Sent the £5.52 to my holiday savings. Total now stands at £307.73/£500.

Managed to grab a shower this evening and have read a bit of my book.

Today I am grateful for reduced price Easter eggs.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Tiring day. Mum phoned at 9am to tell me the community nurse had come out to her and changed the dressing which meant I did not have to queue at the doctor's. Called for a taxi (ankle aching quite badly), picked up my prescription, went to the pharmacy (downstairs from doctor's) and bought support bandages, normal crepe bandages, ear drops, tape and some tweezers (so I can try doing my eyebrows).

Had taken water with me but bought food there (finished the yoghurt last night and would have had to buy something to eat - just cut out the walk to the shop) and read and ate my food whilst waiting for the little bus. Took that all the way to Morries and stocked up on cereals, tinned prunes and grapefruit, toilet rolls and other things for my mother. Then phoned for a taxi to mum's (1pm)

Had a small and a large trolley full so was out of breath when I had finished shopping and when I got to mum's (the cough is escalating again) in addition to which the dizziness is a lot worse today. Mum wanted to watch a film so sat down and did the unpacking and putting away in the advert breaks.

Community nurse is coming again on Thursday so need to be there early (switch of days this week to suit the cleaner). I have spent money although most of the spending was mum's. Not done much else (my body says it has done enough, quite achey again but sizziness has receded.

Today I am gratefful for all the health professionals who look after mum, for SMs (hate them but occasionally they have their uses), for good food at the infirmary, for the lovely volunteers who staff the little cafe there, for a good book to fill in prescription waiting time, for being safely home and able to rest.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - spent nothing today so now at 5/15 :)
    Report - 10/30
    Interests - nothing today
    Love - did a huge tidy up and clean of the flat when I got home from work, feel so much better sitting in a sparkly clean room
    Outside - nope, it rained all day
    Overpay - £1.50 payment made
    Organise - went into work an hour early and got through some of my massive to-do list, prioritised what needs done tomorrow. Organised paperwork in the flat as I was cleaning
    Bad habit - no crisps today :)
    Gratitudes - clean flat, relaxing with a book, scrambled eggs on toast and tomatoes for tea, feeling a bit more on top of work
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Hi all
    :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. Shopped today so still 4/15 NSDs - hope that will be it until we go on hols next Tues:eek:

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Added up March's expenses - horrifying is the word. Still need to split up cc spends to see what went where. Now have cc statement ready to total. Will need to use savings to pay for hols..in 10 days time! Money finally received at 3rd time of asking (!) happens every single month tbh. Have receipts to add up spends, will do tomorrow.

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..10/30

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done. Finally retrieved fairisle cushion from back of chair where it was stuffed; realise to my shame haven't touched it in 18 months..despite that managed to find my place in the pattern & actually do a couple of rows. Bless highlighter tape!! Finally managed to identify all the different colours of the wool - hard when they are called irrelevant names & are missing the ball bands - only to realise I am missing a colour. Shan't need it until almost the end, might just use what I have left over. Still not looked for item, must do tomorrow. Looked for item in room of Doom but still not located it/them. Will keep trying, maybe tomorrow though friend will be here in the afternoon for a natter.

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Perfume & makeup for stint in CS, feeling low though as pain in side much worsened & not sure why.. Surely it should be getting better, not worse? It was Good Friday I got knocked over fgs

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone. Not much time at all in garden as pouring rain most of day, plus stint in CS. Hopefully better tomorrow, but again side pain making everything difficult atm.

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. No joy since bag sale last week, although finally remembered to return top that didn't suit me so £29 recovered there.

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Meals from items we had in freezer, small shop today at SM & farm shop. Should not need anything till next week, will then need to stock up leaving food for DD & animals.

[/COLOR]Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. No snacking today, have lost the amazing amount of half a pound since last week. Ah well better off than on...

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: Difficult to do this today, but grateful for last shift done in CS for a couple of weeks, for Voltarol tablets, for not having to get up at 5.30 with DD, for DH asking what needs to be done before we go away...its a looong list..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure