173 replies 18.2K views
1121314151618»

Replies

• edited 9 September 2018 at 12:09AM
    bspm1bspm1 Forumite
    332 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 9 September 2018 at 12:09AM
    Apologies if you felt my post was aimed at you! It truly was not. In fact when you started going down the same route as you can see we already have, I assumed you were joking! :beer:

No offence taken, I was joking.
    x
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    Please look at the ESA1 form again.

It says (at the top, under STEPS)

Complete the right parts of the form for the type of ESA you’ve chosen. Step 2 For contribution-based ESA only fill in the answer boxes under You on page 1 to 25. Read the notes on page 26 and then go to page 48 and fill in the rest of the form.

So, you do have to use this form - it is for both income based and contribution based ESA hence the questions about a partner.

BUT because you are only claiming contribution based you do not need to fill in the details about your partner.

Trying to fill in the form now - however - it is impossible to answer some of the questions such as :
    part 5 about work - Do you know when you will be well enough to go back to work... (and associated questions)
    I AM NOT OFF WORK !!
    The form looks as if it is going to be machine read - so if I leave part 5 blank- what will happen - auto reject ?
    This form is not exactly what I expected it to ask
  • calcotticalcotti Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest you put “not applicable” or “see additional information”. As previously advised used the additional information section to explain your situation and what you are trying to achieve.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides