PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kaz.. congrats and enjoy!!

So.. the bunkbeds and dead mattress went to the tip.. FLING!
    1 ebeast item sold.. FLING

Then we went to the shop of orange tabards (OH has a fetish).. we purchased.. a new lock for the new front door and a letterbox.. 2 tins of reduced gloss paint.. for the bathroom and middle room/front door, 6 reduced planters.. 2 for my 2 new hydrangea, 2 for his mother, a long trough type pot for some climbing thing against the trellis and 2 because they were £2 each and were bargainous plus accompanying compost and a bag of grass seed for good measure. A bag of pegs, a new airer, 6 plantpot saucers for the kitchen plants which are currently sat on sandwich plates, a paint tray and 4 new roller sponges, a small tub of tile adhesive to refix the 2 which have come off and some lovely seaside themed hooks for the bathroom now it looks beautiful I feel like I want to add more pretty decoration to it.

2x DW
    4x WM
    2x TD

OH at work 10-9 again tomorrow so I aim to get the bathroom paintwork redone and to clear all the kitchen of laundry.. it just needs folding and putting away but I haven't had chance today.

And, I just thought about going to bed to Twinkle is screaming her fluffy noggin off!!!! HOW do they know when you think about bed?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Silly o'clock on a Sunday, I know - but I was asleep by 10.45 last night, and now that DH has woken me up with his snoring, my body is refusing to go back to sleep.

Kaz, I'm delighted that you can turn off your alarm clock now :)

I went to London on the train yesterday morning for an AGM, and there was just a sprinkling of snow down through the Chilterns. Had a very enjoyable day, met lots of interesting people, and had a good journey back, arriving at 7.30 pm - but our town had obviously caught the tail end of the Minibeast from the East, as there was about a cm of snow on the station car park, and the gritters were out. Where we live, 2 miles from the station, there was a little bit more snow, but I still managed to get the car up the short but steep hill and drive and park it in its usual space in front of our house. However, it seems that the Minibeast has been waving its tail all through the night, as we now have 10 cm worth in places and it's still sleeting. Very pretty, but this morning I have to get to church as I'm on duty for 2 jobs, so that's a 2-mile walk each way; and this afternoon I've got to fetch Rosie from the kennels which is about 5 miles away and down a steep country lane, so if the snow doesn't clear PDQ I may have to leave my car by the main road and walk the last mile and back with her. Wish me luck!

Flying today will consist of more tidying in my RoD between clearing snow :o

I might as well get on with some college reading until breakfast time. Does anybody happen to have 'The Works' by Pam Ayres which includes the Duck-Billed Platypus poem? (Seriously! I need a full reference!!!)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan, please take care out and about, MK car boot has just been cancelled, OH and I had planned to go for a walk around it.

Up as noraml, cat fed, he has been out, but there is loads of snow, I'll watch from the window :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Take care in the snow. Our outdoor event has been postponed until the end of May, so today will just be dailies and dog walking.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Options
    morning :wave:

The 'mini' Beast seems to have outgrown it's parent here! I have an unexpected day at home as Dad made the common -sensical decision NOT to go karting :eek: with DS today, so I'm not required to sit with Mum. I will have a wander round to see them both later - will need my wellies and big coat!:snow_grin

Not much flying done here yesterday as I was in ill-sitting hen mode until I finally cancelled a planned meet up with a friend scheduled for the afternoon (snow- I'm not going /sun - it'll be ok / snow- I'm not ... and so it went on :o) I did make the bed, feed the birds, put out the rubbish & recycling, and WM x 2, so not a complete write off... but not great :o

Different head on today, so
    Round 1 =
    1. make bed
    2. get washed & dressed
    3. feed the birds
    4. put out rubbish & recycling
    5. laundry shuffle
    6. WM x 1
    7. breakfast
    8. WUDUPA a bowl of pots

go kaz xx

pigpen - they make plant pot saucers? I thought that was what sandwich plates were for! (we call them tea plates at this house, but I suspect they're the same thing).

Take care if you're out in the snow xx

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news kaz
    Move about safely everyone, especially iona. We've had a bit more snow, but roads look ok. However the temp gauge on Mr N's clock says 7.9 degrees so I've made tea, put the heating on and retreated to the duvet to contemplate the day's plans. Church, finish kitchen, check a report and visit MIL are must. A run seems very unattractive at the moment.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all! I have mini drifts in the garden and around the back door. It!!!8217;s still snowing too.
    Lots of WM done, so more ironing to do.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.
    Mini beast thoughtfully left us about 5" again. Man the Hunter has been out waving his snow shovel at it - I'm not planning on going anywhere today, but I think he is getting worried about tomorrow. He has a big work meeting and needs to get across the hills to be in early.
    I have had a fairly productive pottering morning. WM x1 has been done, and I've had a bit of a Love Food, Hate Waste moment. The contents of the bottom of the fridge have been turned into a couple of soups, some old OOD dried fruit is soaking in a found random Earl Grey teabag to make some fruit bread, and bread has been made. The world's tiniest joint of beef is going into the sc for dinner as that will make it go further.

Stay warm and safe. Iona - take care on your treks around.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Yorkshire Lass.

Congratulations Kazwookie. I wonder how long it will be before a money-making idea seizes your imagination and you embark on a completely new adventure.

Sorry, can't help you Ionafan with the reference. I think universities now accept internet references, if that helps.

Please stay safe, everyone who has to travel today for any reason.

We're expecting two lighting chaps who are travelling from Cardiff, so they're driving through the minibeast to get here. Better crank up the heating in their rooms and get a wiggle on because one of them isn't ready.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Firstly - Congratulations Kaz enjoy your freedom! :beer:
    roundtuit wrote: »
    pigpen - they make plant pot saucers? I thought that was what sandwich plates were for! (we call them tea plates at this house, but I suspect they're the same thing).
    The only indoor growing thing I have is a pot of basil on the kitchen window sill, but the "saucer" the pot is in is a plastic tray that originally held posh dog food. :rotfl:
    I keep another similar tray in the doggie supplies drawer, which is used for walkies on hot days, to decant a drink of water into while we're in the park.

Only a minor dusting of snow on the roads this morning, so I was able to do Lizzie's early morning walk. Mr LW would have willingly done it if the snow had precluded use of the mobility buggy, but then I'd have felt left out. :D

I need to give Lizzie a once-over with her brush and get her travel bag packed, as she's due to be collected at 16:00. We are so going to miss her!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure