PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Arggghhhhh!! I'm feeling LW's despair! DH has "popped into the shops" on his way home. His list says bananas, carrots and broccoli. Surely not too difficult. So why is he texting me to say shall he get fish? And beansprouts?:mad:
    I have decided I am simply not entrusting ANY shopping to mine again. It's annoying, because I was utilising his willingness to go to save the odd spoon here and there; but it's just not worth the stress. At least yours texted to ask - mine just shoves whatever takes his fancy into the basket. :cool:

Btw, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend. x

Anyways, I have to get my lardy a$$ in gear; off to the F&V market, plus Moribunds, plus Debs for some underpants ready for our hols, I have some Luv2Shop vouchers and Debs take those. Some of Mr LW's pants are more holey than righteous, we're away for 10 days in May, and I'd like to get organised rather earlier than 2 days before we leave. We've also checked his socks, and he has plenty of those, so no need to buy more. :T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I swear I didnt get this tired a year ago.

I certainly didn't, but I'm now realising it's to do with lack of sleep. I thought I was getting enough but I need more as I get older, not less apparently.

Welcome Mumof3 etc! :wave: If you try and do all the lists from earlier in the week you'll be exhausted - I'd just do either one day's list or one task all over the house, like dust and vacuum.

As I was drawing up my listy earlier in the week I decided to just deal with whatever I was writing and did so, followed by the other thing that would have gone on the listy. Then I was too knackered to do anything for a couple of days and following a brilliant night's sleep, this morning I've done the microwave, sink, kettle, toaster and am currently doing the oven. It's on its third coat of some evil chemical but it looks a lot better. Once that's finished and the kitchen surfaces are clear I'll do the shelves; they're really, really bad.

Ground floors vacuummed.

In the meantime, it's paperwork again.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,064 Forumite
    Options
    Blinky boiler fixed.. sort of.. the Hive schedule thing doesnt work either.. DD cancelled and they have been commanded to come remove it in all its rubbishy rubishness.

Twinkle shedding more mucus than a snail party.. DS2 is out of bed, anti-bac'd and playing on the xbox.. it looks like he is feeling better! Pixie on a school trip today... Dot goes next week.

Twinkle sad.. the bobble nose has fallen off her dog-dog hat.. but she is just going for a nap so I will sew it back in place.. she is so unhappy today.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Me again. Putting this here, to ensure I try to complete the task.

I will [STRIKE]attempt to [/STRIKE]sort the playroom. _pale_

Send out a search party of I'm not back by bedtime!

Ooh good luck!

Stupidly busy day so far, only just sat down for lunch. Spent a lot today which is no good for Scrimpers however all much needed - new saucepan (ours was MiLs wedding present 35 years ago, it owes us nothing!), electric toothbrushes for the kids, some food, yet more kindling etc etc.

Slurp this brew then butchers, drop some stuff at the chazza then school run x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    edited 16 March 2018 at 3:23PM
    Options
    Nose sewn back on!

ATB.. essentials don't count.. we all have to eat and be warm and cook food and be clean. It is stuff like OH's £60 pillar drill and £10 nail gun and the like that do count..

Naughty Electrician has not turned up.. minorly growly FB message sent.. he probably just forgot I guess.. if he didn't write it down .. it is easy done.

Slinkiness.. my ring keeps threatening to slide off! My coat is less snug on my derriere and my black coat which didn't fasten, now does... while I am wearing my chunky fleece jumper!!! I haven't let anyone see me without my jumper for several week.. I am thinking a big reveal when it is vest top weather will be great fun lol... I'll be like a Disney wedding cake... 2000 layers! hahaha!!

I am clearly coming up to AF time... I wanted to eat every single thing in the fridge earlier.. so I cooked up a huge pan of quorn mince and veg... have you all noticed how much less I have complained about my tum being hysterical since I stopped eating meat almost entirely.. I have a tiny bit once a week at the most... and bread is restricted to 2 slices a day. I actually feel so much better. I am driving everyone mad with my busying :p

Idiot bank have messaged complaining that my overnight balance was 64p ... it is clearly irrelevant that I have had money put in since then and spent most of it again!

BG engineer said he wouldn't charge the call out fee and cancelled the charge saying it was fixed when he got here.. I was so eternally grateful.. £99 I really couldn't afford!! I would have hugged him if it wouldn't have been weird.. or meant touching someone!

Oh.. and Lidl yoghurts are the most revolting things I have ever tasted.. they are like snot and there was a powdery lump in the bottom... absolutely foul... I shall feel the remaining 3 to the girls.

Squeak at her friends tonight so I need to trot out at 6:30 to walk the mile to pick her up.. and probably home again.. DD3 can get the other 2 ready for bed and save me a job!

fish fingers and chips for these tongith I think and I will have rice, veg and something else... not sure what yet...
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Busy day here too, 2 new tyres fitted to car, shopping done, DW done, WM about to go on. Meals planned for the weekend.

Slinky challenge seems to be going better this week, I have lost 1 kg so feeling very pleased. I am not dieting but eating better and most importantla for me I haven't had a drink this week (since Sunday night). I know they are empty calories that go straight to my waistline and expensive ones at that.

Time for a cup of tea and tidy round the kitchen
    xx
  • pigpen
    Options
    all my GUAG has expired.. I have to go out in an hour to pick Squeak up from her friends... and I just want to go to bed!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fayolle sorry to hear about your friend, it is so hard. Mr N is in Cyprus at the moment helping our bereaved friend sort out his house to be sold, as he can't face hols let alone retirement out there without his wife. I still can't believe she is gone.

Not sure where the last couple of days have gone; not in manic flying sad to say. Got home from uni just before 7pm yesterday, tired and hungry, to find a power cut. It came back on just after 8pm. As I was sitting there by candlelight, I heard something put through the front door. Investigated and it was a delivery note to say that a parcel would be delivered on Fri to 'my designated safe place'. As a) they hadn't bothered to knock on the door and b) my designated safe place is in the porch, it is beyond me why they needed to leave a note to say they were coming back the next day to leave it in the porch. My porch is attached to the house all the time, not just on certain days.

Lovely sunny day today. Went to gym am.
    Took MIL out to lunch. Sorted out her tablet dispenser which is a mystery to me - on Wed I checked and she had taken them. Yesterday I rang as I was going to be late home; she said she'd taken them, had eaten dinner and was fine. This morning I check and there are tablets in the 'Wed' and Thurs' compartments but not in Fri or Sat. Got her to take one lot and moved the other into Sat's compartment.
    One load washing on.
    One dry load folded and put away.
    Parcel has been delivered.
    Bird feeders filled.

Have decided to crack on with report writing tonight and have a total house blitz tomorrow, as according to the weather forecast it will be snowing all day. Hard to believe as it was so warm in the conservatory when I came back from MIL that I sat down and fell asleep!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,873 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

work done
    WM on
    chilling and not a lot else tonight
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HB You may be right but I dont think its so much a lack of sleep but a lack of rest if that makes sense. I can go for days without really sitting down and relaxing.

Well done on the slinkiness Pigpen (says she sitting here eating crisps).

Hmm I also spent money today on a cycling jacket (hi viz, half price in the sale). I do need it but cant really afford it. Agonised for ages but its kind of an investment and it will make me feel safer cycling to work.

DH has been off work so has cleaned right through which is a massive help. Weather has been foul for the last two days and snow forecast for the weekend so lots of laundry to sort.

Feet up now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family