• maman
    maman Posts: 28,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Now eating easter egg.
    Oh dear.
    More snow here :(

Oh dear indeed! Is that afternoon tea? ;)

Sadly denise I had wine and G&Ts. Not too much wine though as usually shared a bottle among 4:eek: of us at meals after a gin aperitif. Happy belated birthday.:D

I nipped to Aldi to do a small shop to see us through until the weekend. They had lots of really good Speed veg on Super 6. I bought some swede, carrots, white & green cabbage. When I have time I'll do swede & carrot mash and braised red cabbage for the freezer. I count the red cabbage as free (adapted Delia recipe) as, although it has cooked apple and sweetener in it, I get so many portions that the syns are negligible.

I managed to make some SW friendly lunch before going shopping. My omelette was more of a pancake really as I only had one sad little egg left in the fridge.:rotfl:

Today's EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: ham, beetroot, veggie 'omelette' (spring onions, courgette, red pepper)
    D: salmon, SW chips, stir fried veg (cabbage, courgette, mushrooms, pepper, broccoli)
    Syns: Extra HEX 6, syrup 2.5
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Laptop is fully recovered so normal service is resumed!

Great loss Kathrynha! It's a shame if it's through stress but don't look a gift horse and all that.....

Topgirl I like your recipe for the doubledown - that will go down well here - and I'm going to try overnight muesli for tomorrow!

Todays menu
    B Toast with light cheese triangles, orange
    L JP cottage cheese salad and pickles
    D Steak, SW chips and veg.

Does anyone know if I can use quark in place of fromage frais? I found a recipe for SW peppercorn sauce but haven't got fromage frais.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,529 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Maman~~afternoon tea indeed :)
    Freezing here.
    So bored of the snow~~again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can use quark in place of fromage frais? I found a recipe for SW peppercorn sauce but haven't got fromage frais.

I would think it'll be fine. That's what they use here.
    http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-creamy-pepper-sauce-slimming-world/

Let us know how you get on.:)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now eating easter egg.
    Oh dear.
    More snow here :(
    You can keep that:p hope its not too bad x

Evening all:D
    Maman glad you had a nice break:T
    lovely home made burger for tea with speeeeeeeed
    100_8484_1.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Looks lush bubbs.
    Enjoy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    Options
    Looks lush bubbs.
    Enjoy.

Thanks i did, ate it and forgot about it now:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from weigh and my indiscretions last Thursday have caught up with me!

+0.5lb for me this week. Bit disappointed as I feel like I have lived in the gym over these easter holidays. Have been there every day and some days even doing two classes. Was hoping that would counteract my mac 'n' cheese and chocolate slip up! Oh well, at least it was only a tiny gain and nothing major.

Got a tricky few weeks coming up with nights out, birthday parties and hen dos so just need to be good around this. Have got dance fitness and body balance tomorrow morning to start me up well!
  • beanielou
    Options
    1/2 on is nowt MIss Teach.

• bubbs
    Options
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Just back from weigh and my indiscretions last Thursday have caught up with me!

+0.5lb for me this week. Bit disappointed as I feel like I have lived in the gym over these easter holidays. Have been there every day and some days even doing two classes. Was hoping that would counteract my mac 'n' cheese and chocolate slip up! Oh well, at least it was only a tiny gain and nothing major.

Got a tricky few weeks coming up with nights out, birthday parties and hen dos so just need to be good around this. Have got dance fitness and body balance tomorrow morning to start me up well!
    You will soon get that off x
    Beanie our WI again tomorrow:eek: soon come round
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure