Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Right, that's it. Going ALDI tonight. Will pick one up. Is it in a special area or just under the standard ready meal section?
    If your Aldi is laid out like mine they're at the front end of the section that has cold meats, cheeses and the standard ready meals. They're on their own because they're Specially Selected in black packaging.

You're right that weightloss slows when you get close to target. What makes you think you won't get there?

That's right esmy . At target you have a window of 3lbs above and below. If you go out of that, you have a free week to get back in before you have to pay.

Welcome milann. It was the prospect of buying bigger clothes that got me onto SW. It's perfectly possible to lose without exercise and you know you'll feel so much better when you're at target. How much do you need to lose? Just ask if you need any syn values. :)
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,950 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2018 at 5:53PM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    You're probably right about portion control poohsticks. I know my meals are probably too large but I tell myself they're full of Speed and I don't snack. I think if I tried to cut down too much I'd be picking at things and that can be dangerous. I know last week when I was out with friends, I wasn't tempted by their 11 o'clock toasties as I'd had a decent breakfast.

I think in general the portions in our house are on the large size - it's just that one slimming world meal (chicken tikka masala) that we seem to happily stretch for two (although actually when we looked there doesn't seem to be any indication as to how many the SW meals are supposed to serve - I've assumed it's a single serving but perhaps not! )

I'm with you - I'd prefer to eat a proper meal full of speed until I feel full rather than skimp on the amount and start snacking later. If and when I find that I stop losing then I'll revisit our portion sizes, especially of the carb portions of our meals.
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't see anything in it that wouldn't Esmy

Well, I'm blown away by my tea tonight! Absolutely amazing.

B - SW quiche

D - Potato, leek and bacon soup and an apple

T - Chicken kebab, pork shami kebab, sw chips and salad

All syn free

Wine tonight. Top Bloke's night to be on bums and bottles duty. Happy days :) xx
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just seen there's a thread on the food shopping and groceries board for SW/WW bargains - might be useful.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5828439
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Welcome Milann :D
    Stoke i took me aggggesssssssss to lose the last little bit too target and yes i had tantrums about it:rotfl::rotfl: but got there in the end:T:T
    As you all know i have massive meals but i also dont snack
    Hope everyone is ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 20 April 2018 at 8:21PM
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Just found this thread -.can I join you lovely lot.
    I've been at sw many years and been at target twice.....but with injuries, stays in hospital, generally sitting around and stuffing my face as I can't do much body magic or get to my group at the moment - you folk might be just what I need to get my backside back in gear and stop feeling sorry for myself and rewarding myself with shortbread, crisps and chocolate...
    I've just weighed myself - drawn a line and ready to kick myself up the behind and start again. I'm virtually where I started 4 years ago - even had to go and buy bigger clothes which upset me greatly...I need to do this.
    So I'm subscribing and will post weigh loss next week if that's ok

milann :wave:
    WElcome to our lovely thread:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Just having half an hour while the rice pudding for tomorrows taster finishes cooking. After that I have to unload the washing and get the next load on, go and touch up the fake tan... then I might finally get to rest! Had a little win on the bingo last night so went over to Birmingham today. Picked up last minute bits for tomorrow... new lippy... razors...alcohol free wine :D and shock horror I resisted Victorias Secret :D I bought some tops in Pep and Co and some more trousers in Primark... I now have 6 summer outfits which will have to do for now. I also bought a bikini for my holidays from Pep and Co, not bad for a fiver. We have a private hot tub or I would have steered well clear :D
    Todays food
    B: HEXB Alpen Lights, pear. HEXA Alpro choc soya drink (+1.5)
    L: Boots Shapers sushi mini rolls (1) Apple, 7Up Free mojito, water
    Snack: fruit salad, water
    T: SW veggie lasagne, salad with 3 spoons of Nandos sauce (1.5) Single finger Twirl (6) Dairy Milk little bar (5) NAS cordial
    Syns: 15
    See you all on the other side ;) promise will post pic when I can xxx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs R, have a fantastic time tomorrow x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Look forward to the pictures Mrs R :)
    Enjoy :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a great time at your Awards Night MrsR . It's a NSV in itself that you'll be there looking fab! can't wait to see photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure