Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done dustydigger :j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    1/2on for me. Strange as it may seem, am happy that I had a gain, as last week & this have been the only movements since mid Feb so I hope this means that my body is finally kicking into gear again. Nothing happening for next week, so hopefully being able to better plan will have a positive impact.

Well done to those showing losses, rest of us will match you next week :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

What a beautiful day it's been - even my very timid cat ventured out of the garden so it must have been good! Lots of body magic in the garden so all good.

Well done on the losses MissTeach and Stoke and congrats Dusty on your 4st! (I also eat batter - it's the best bit!)

As Beanie says, keep plodding the STSers and gainers. Good NSVs with the trousers Bubbs and your nail tech's comments MrsR - you'll be fabulous for your do this weekend.

Topgirl does your chicken recipe freeze? My fellow meat eater has left for 7 months abroad today (DD2) so just me and veggie OH to feed. He can have beans on toast when I make it:rotfl:

Todays menu
    B Bacon Sandwich, pear
    L Crisbreads with low fat Brussels pate (2.5 syns for 25g - lovely) pickles and salad, another pear
    D Aldi Cajun chicken sizzlers (free, quick and tasty)with HM minty potato salad and large green salad. I made OH a version with Quorn chicken fillets which he enjoyed.
    Snacks Alpen Light Banana

Weigh in tomorrow - not hopeful!
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Still got a really poorly hubby, now got tummy bug on top of chest infection so seems to have gone backwards :(
    Now it’s my turn with the cough :eek: chest is tight too :(
    Still no bathroom :mad: not ideal when there’s tummy trouble about :eek:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,950 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    It's a similar price to the SW ready meal which doesn't get such good reviews! I've not had either so can't comment.

Perhaps it's us being overly strict on portion control, but the only SW meal we buy now is the chicken tikka masala, as we find it enough for two, whereas we have an ALDI rogan josh each.

But agree that in general the ALDI meals are cheaper than the equivalent SW ones (although their rogan josh isn't part of their frozen 'slimwell' range - it's a premium chilled meal that just happens to be low syn and delicious !
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    ........and Stoke (do you actually come from Stoke, by the way ? my OH is from around there ).....

Indeed I do. I've actually moved to just outside of Stoke (sort of Cheshire'ish, but it's still Stoke really) but yes I was born and raised in Stoke and certainly lived there when I opened my MSE account :D

I quite fancy the sound of this Aldi Rogan Josh. Is it free? I'm a bit of a stickler for using my syns up unnecessarily.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    I quite fancy the sound of this Aldi Rogan Josh. Is it free? I'm a bit of a stickler for using my syns up unnecessarily.

It's 1.5 syns but it is a generous portion and I think it's worth it. I have it for a Saturday night treat if I'm not going out. It's like having a take away.

You're probably right about portion control poohsticks. I know my meals are probably too large but I tell myself they're full of Speed and I don't snack. I think if I tried to cut down too much I'd be picking at things and that can be dangerous. I know last week when I was out with friends, I wasn't tempted by their 11 o'clock toasties as I'd had a decent breakfast.

We're away from Monday to Friday so I'm going to have be careful with my meal plan. I've got stuff to use up and I don't want to buy in too much fresh stuff. I'll post today's menu but dinner might change after I've been shopping.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, HEB toast, mushrooms, baked beans, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham with bubble & squeak and pickled cabbage
    D: burger, SW chips, fried onions, asparagus, tomato, mushrooms
    Syns: weekend wine:j
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found this thread -.can I join you lovely lot.
    I've been at sw many years and been at target twice.....but with injuries, stays in hospital, generally sitting around and stuffing my face as I can't do much body magic or get to my group at the moment - you folk might be just what I need to get my backside back in gear and stop feeling sorry for myself and rewarding myself with shortbread, crisps and chocolate...
    I've just weighed myself - drawn a line and ready to kick myself up the behind and start again. I'm virtually where I started 4 years ago - even had to go and buy bigger clothes which upset me greatly...I need to do this.
    So I'm subscribing and will post weigh loss next week if that's ok
    January spends - £587.58
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Another small gain today so added to the small gain from 2 weeks ago that's 1/2 on - I was pleased it wasn't more as I've had a rather indulgent couple of weeks with meals out and more alcohol than usual. I am still bang on target weight but I did want a bit below for some wriggle room! Can someone remind me what the official SW line is on + and - around target weight? I seem to think its + or -3lbs??
    Anyway a full week on plan scheduled for this next week.

Another fan of the Aldi rogan josh here - I add a handful of frozen spinach for extra speed.

Welcome Milann - if you've done it before you can do it again!
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Right, that's it. Going ALDI tonight. Will pick one up. Is it in a special area or just under the standard ready meal section?

In an attempt to boost my carb intake a little bit, I've been having rump steak sandwiches for tea. So simple, but they taste unreal. Getting my Hex B's now at least.

I am now about 1 stone 5-6lbs away from target. Scary that is. I think it's going to be a white knuckle ride getting there though. They say as you close in target, it becomes really hard and I think there are a few lifestyle choices that I lead which will always prevent me from quite getting there..... but we'll see :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure