Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,965 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the losses everyone :j:j
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

I notice Aldi Rogan Josh mentioned quite often, is there a reason?
    Tia.

I have never had it *think* its 1 1/2 syns for the lot
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,954 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I think it tastes every bit as good as an Indian take away and it's good value being Aldi (sorry can't remember the exact price). It can be frozen so a good standby and either microwaved or oven cooked. It's much better than a SW ready meal IMO and it's just 1.5 syns for a generous portion. Although the only ingredients are lamb, spices and Speed (onions, tomatoes etc) I generally do some mushrooms with it and my own pilau rice and SW chips!:D

It's £2.99 so not the cheapest about but well worth it.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    It's £2.99 so not the cheapest about but well worth it.

It's a similar price to the SW ready meal which doesn't get such good reviews! I've not had either so can't comment.

Been a busy day, only just switched on the laptop! Went to group this morning and pleased to report a 1lb loss, wasn't looking forward to weighing as I knew I'd gone over syns this week as had a 15 syn lolly last night:eek: in addition to the other few syns I'd had yesterday and over syns last weekend!

Today's food:

B - none - forgot to take some fruit to eat after WI!
    L - sandwich with Lidl cheese spread triangle & cucumber (HEB + 3 for spread/cheese triangle)
    D - haddock; sweet potato & potato chips; peas. followed by raspberries, mini meringue & quark (1 syn)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - cheese spread 2; scrape butter 1; mini meringue 1; wine?

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    1/2 on for me this week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • BarleySugar
    BarleySugar Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    STS for me this week.

We’ll keep plodding Beanie. :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    STS for me this week.

We’ll keep plodding Beanie. :rotfl:

We will indeed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    We will indeed :)

I will join you and plod :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I will join you and plod :D

Plodding on is good:D

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:beer::beer:

Lost 1 1/2 lbs today Finally reaching 4 stone loss. Only took 12 weeks to move from3 st 13 1/2 to 4st:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Rewarded myself with fish and chips,which probably negated the loss but it was my first fish and chips for many months,so I am unrepentant.
    And no,I did NOT remove all the lovely batter. Does anyone ever really do that? Sounds crazy to me to spend a fortune then toss the best part away:rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:beer::beer:

Lost 1 1/2 lbs today Finally reaching 4 stone loss. Only took 12 weeks to move from3 st 13 1/2 to 4st:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Rewarded myself with fish and chips,which probably negated the loss but it was my first fish and chips for many months,so I am unrepentant.
    And no,I did NOT remove all the lovely batter. Does anyone ever really do that? Sounds crazy to me to spend a fortune then toss the best part away:rotfl::rotfl:

:T:T:T:T well done
    Yes i take the batter off as it upsets my stomach so have always done it:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure